Monday, October 26, 2009

Hand me a NOOSE....

.....so that I can HANG myself!

Remember the 2-week no nagging/scolding/screaming rules?
Well, I sucked in sticking to it.
How to?
When you have kids that just refuse to listen. Refuse to just do what they are told?

BUT I am determined to stick to it now. How? When I failed miserably before?
Well, by NOT CARING.
It's only when you care, then you get upset, angry, sad, etc etc....
If you don't care, no feelings, emotions will ever be hurt.
Yes. I am hurt. So very hurt.
I feel that I really failed as a mother.
So.... I'm NOT going be one.
I will leave H to do whatever parenting he wants to do.
I will just go about my own business.

NO more waking them up in the morning. They can rely on their alarm clocks or whatever. I don't need to have angry grumpy faces greeting me in the morning for disturbing their slumber.

NO more sitting with them at breakfast. They can eat their breakfast. Don't eat their breakfast. I don't care. They can be hungry. Have gastric. No energy. No concentration. I don't care.

NO more reminding them if they did their homework or packed their bags. They can get punished by their teachers. They can do badly at school. I don't care. As H puts it. If they fail miserably in their studies, and fail to get into universities; we will save soooooooooo much money for our holidays around the world! Wooooo-Hooooo!!

NO more pushing them to go for Mandarin. If they feel they can excel in this world with just a singular language...then so be it.

NO more reminding them to go for music classes....nor to practise at home. No other skills?
No problemo.

NO more reminding them to go for swimming classes. Swimming is a life-skill...and I'm sure they are both proficient enough to save themselves if need be. Just thought that continuing this activitiy would improve their fitness levels, and build muscle mass. But heck! What adolescent want to have a BOD like a GREEK GOD, right? I'm sure they would be happy with skinny puny wimpy bodies....

NO more asking them to eat their vegetables nor vitamins or whatever. Who needs vegetables, right?

I could go ON and ON like an EverReady battery....but I think I will just stop now.

NO more CARING!

8 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Eh, was that you or me ranting?? Those are exactly my sentiments. But somehow I just cant do it. Much as I say I am not going to care, let them be, and FAIL or get into trouble for themself, etc, I still go back to the same old NAGGY me after a few days. I JUST cant do it. Looks like I have failed just like you.

And btw - H's comment about them failing and not going to Uni is NOT going to work, coz we will end up spending EVEN MORE by having to shell out GOOD MONEY to send them to some crappy overseas U so that they can get some crappy degree to get on in life.

So how, ah?? WHAT should mums like us do? Go out and have a Martini nd drown our sorrows. And of course, Retail therapy helps :)

Life is short, live and let live. Take one day at a time!!

Anonymous said...

ROTAN!!!

g

Silly Bus said...

It is a very nice and good post. Keep up the good work.

wenn said...

sometimes kids can kill us but be patient..

DQ said...

Yup, I feel like that too. Sometimes you feel like giving up & let them be but how can we, as mothers? I can't just run away from my responsibility as a mum. I would feel so guilty. So no choice, hopefully, despite all the nagging & scolding, it would somehow get into their heads...one day.

You are not alone. :)

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

wah...you can really close one eye? I tried to do that...but never last long. Sometimes I really feel like I am talking to a wall or a broken record. Maybe it is boys....they are less attentive to things that we see as important.

Cheers to us mums!:)

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - It IS Hard. I had H sort them out yesterday night and this morning.
I really have to think of another way to convey my message across to the boys....
It is difficult to leave them to their own devises and let them falter. Being moms... You just can't sit back and see your child fail miserably.
Yes. I agree that maybe we should have weekly martinis or cosmopolitans to chill.....

g - Think rotan won't work.

Kids Music - Good work as being mom? I failed though..

Wenn - Sooooo difficult to be patient when they are choking us to death leh.

DQ - Tell me about it. Think it is ingrained into our genes to try to push our kids to do the right thing. But it's like a lost cause!

WMD - Apparently, we need to give boys alot of time to "PROCESS" what we say....like a few days of PROCESS! Aiyo. Kinda long don't you think????

Mamapumpkin said...

You need to find out what makes them tick, hehehe....

But then again ah, I don't have boys, :-P

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker