Thursday, November 12, 2009

Agony!!!!!!!

That's where I am in now!
I am in so much pain that I also don't know why I am at the computer.
But one can't be sleeping all the time right??? That's the only time that I don't feel the pain.
I did have a 2 hour nap...Just got up actually. My S1 was adamant that I rest, and not go with him to their Chinese class. I usually drop them off and then I go off to the gym. But not today...

What is wrong with me??
Well, I thought it was a PULLED muscle.
As you know, my main RAN AWAY last wednesday.... and my sister and family were arriving in town on Saturday. So what do I do?
I cleaned the house on Friday. I thought I was SUPERWOMAN as I cleaned ALL the toilets, mopped the floors, even had a private painting class, did grocery shopping, etc etc. By the end of Friday, my neck was pretty stiff and in pain. But tolerable.
Monday, the pain had gone to around the shoulder blades...and by Tuesday, I could feel my right arm in pain too. By Wednesday, I was in tears.

I then got some referrals from friends for a chiropractor...and trott off to see him in the afternoon. There was this gadget that measures the alignment of the spine... I could see some deviations but the main bit that was kinda out was at the vertebrae at the base of my neck.
Saw the chiropractor (not bad looking chap ...heehee) and he sent me off to have Xrays taken at a hospital. Saw him again this morning... BOY! Is my spine CROOKED or what???
Aduh. I could see my spine bending to the LEFT and then to the RIGHT. And when he showed me the SIDE view of my neck area, it was waaaaay OFF normal! ADUH! He said that this condition did not arise overnight nor over months. It was built up over a long time. Just that four months ago, my body was giving me signs of troubles to come (remember my SUPPORT PILLOW which I went out to buy??), and here it is FULL BLOWN.

I was hoping that with today's visit, everything would be miraculously sorted. BUT BUT. Guess what?? I have to have intensive sessions like 3 TIMES a week for 8 Weeks, and then twice for another 6 Weeks. And that is just to correct my NECK. The other crooked bits? He said to try to use more of my left side, and he'll teach me some exercises to reduce the STIFFNESS of my mid-back which is starting to show signs of extra bone growth (as in cantonese "kuatt-chi"). Damn depressing lah. And to think that I am still soooooooooooooooooo YOUNG. Have been kidding myself, huh??

Next session is tomorrow. Wish me luck that my pain will be alleviated!

2 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

it is the result of hunching too long over the computer, ah? Hope your feels better after those sessions.

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - That too... But the biggie is BAD posture ALL my life!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker