Thursday, November 05, 2009

More about the maid...

...... Not that I am sour grapes because she doesn't want to work for me anymore. But I feel I must blog abit leh.
Driver went and ask some people and apparently, her grandmother had passed on yonks ago. Proof that she lied. She also borrowed some money from him, which she hasn't repaid. And she really did take stuff from my house... he will HUNT her down. As it is, he will seek her out for the loan repayment. He's quite upset with her as he is the one that recommended her to the job. Her deceased husband was his friend and obviously, he thought he was doing good. He said that she came in by the front door, and she should leave by the front door. Not sneakily through the back door (metaphorically speaking).

They (guards and driver) is sure that she is pregnant. She has been vomiting for like 3 weeks, and she only worked for me a month. Plus, my driver has seen her "boyfriend" previously.

Anyway, I did the unthinkable yesterday. I actually texted my old maid (the one who worked for me for over 2 years, but left in January when her son passed away) to ask her if she wanted to come back and work for me. I had assumed that she wanted to come back as she texted me in late September to send me wishes for my birthday, and to ask about the boys.
Well, I was wrong. She is now pregnant and residing in the village. Good for her lor. I sent her my best wishes with my broken bahasa.

Driver is going to help me look for another maid....and I will probably have her over either on Sunday or Monday. Yeah. Yeah. Easy to find maids. But good or not is another thing. Actually, it is quite a scary thing isn't it? Having a maid. You literally INVITE a stranger into your house....with all your belongings easily assessible. And if you have young children, stranger with your children! Mine are quite big monsters already, so at least not so scared. The most is steal some little things.
Errr...but don't want to think about GILA maids lah. One that suddenly go coo-coo and chase after you with chopping knife kind.... Eeeeeeks!
Better change topic...

8 comments:

MeRy said...

Maid at home is quite tricky...some are goods and some are crazy.

Kit said...

Have you read about the one in Malaysia recently who tried to poison her employers???

If needed, I'd skimp on other expenses than go for an Indonesian maid :P I don't believe in luck!

mott said...

Haiz... I pity ur driver. I'm sure he feels real rotten about the whole thing. I hope he'll be more careful about the next maid!

wenn said...

some ppl are just lucky with maids but not me..

Mamapumpkin said...

*sigh* What to say? What to say? The perennial problem of Mothers!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
laundryamah said...

these ppl ah...neverending one la...i really dun know why u bother to write about them..

NomadicMom said...

MeRy - You can say that again!!!

Kittycat - Wah! So cialatt!
But sorry to say lah. Maids are maids no matter where they come from. Just luck lah. There are lots of good indonesian maids and bad Filipino Maids... All is luck. Really.

Mott - I'm sure he will be!

Wenn - Me ah. Got bad. Got good.

Mamapumpkin - or do you mean to say maids?

Laundryamah - to vent mah...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker