Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Maids!!!!!

Well. Guess what?
I'm without a maid again.
I went to the Parent-Teacher conference this afternoon, when I came home, she was gone.... The guard said that she left just 5 minutes after I left giving some lame excuse about her grandma passing. She left me a note citing same reason...and that she took the garbage fee of US 10 for her 3 days salary.

It's definitely ALL BALONEY. I'm sure she wanted to leave waaaay before. I gave her the garbage money 2 days before, and she didn't pay the garbage man....and kept the money for herself. And how come so coincidence that she would get the call and to leave just 5 minutes after???

And S1 has just told me that his mobile phone is missing. I know my kids usually put their things all over the place...but I was sure that I saw it on his bedside table this morning....because he told me that his credits had expired etc etc. The guard did check her things...but she does have her own mobile. So I guessed he saw the mobile and assumed it belonged to her. Oh well...what to do?

Anyway, I wasn't too happy with her... but thought I could TRAIN her to do it MY way. As I mentioned before, she worked as a part-timer for me for about 4 months. She wasn't perfectly clean then. But I sorta shrug it off...thinking limited time to fully clean stuff, but she did manage to complete all the tasks in 4 hours. So when she said that she wanted the full-time job, I gave it to her although I had my reservations. I mean a FULL-timers responsibilities would be very different from a PART-timers. Also, with part-timers, my tolerance for not-so-perfect work is higher. I was afraid that she would have problems "adjusting" to my standards.

True enough....she was leaving things like how I did when I didn't have a FULL-time maid. When she worked for me as a part-timer, I made my own bed, and it wasn't as smooth as nice as I would have liked but being a busy bee with grocery shopping, painting, scrapbooking etc...I just make do. So when she became a Full-timer, she also made my bed in a not-so-perfect way. No improvement whatsoever. All my previous maids actually made my bed oh-so-smooooooth.

The other thing that I couldn't stand is her HALF-DONE work. When she was a Part-timer, she HAD to complete all the task given in the 4 hours and then she get paid. When she became a Full-Timer, she was delaying and dragging her feet on her chores. I would see plates and stuff from breakfast in the sink for the longest of time. Or pots washed but not kept till like waaaaaaaaay later. For example, the other day...I saw pots on the drainer at 9 am before I went out. When I came back at 3 pm, she was starting to put them away.
Or she would wash the kitchen cloths, take it out and leave it on the washing machine....and then only hang them out like an hour later. WHY? I don't know. It's not that she doesn't do it. She does but like waaaaaaaay later. She seems to like breaking a task into many sections so at any one time, there would be 3 or 4 incomplete half done task.

I am out almost everyday....and when I am home, I seldom call on her. And when I do, she is ALWAYS in her room. Not ironing. Not in the house tidying. Not in the garden. But in her room. Please don't get me wrong. I am not a slave driver. One can surely rest. BUT to have so many half done task staring in my face is just too much. I usually come downstairs at about 9 ish am. And what do I see? Carpets all rolled up. Yes. She has cleaned and mop the floors, but just couldn't bother to replace the carpets after the floors are dry. So it looks really untidy. I go into the kitchen. Pots are left in the sink unwashed. The washed kitchen cloths sitting on the washing machine. And where is she? In her room....doing what I don't know.

Always in her room. All my previous maids will run out to get my groceries with a honk from the car. This one? My driver will always have to call and call, or most of the time, carry my groceries into my kitchen for me. My driver says that she probably is trying to find new husband, "pak-tor" via phone....that's why always in her room.

Actually, I just got my driver to have a talk with her yesterday...cause I was getting tired of reminding her to do things....like washing the toilets everyday. I mean it's a simple task. Why wait till I see dirty toilet, get upset then only get on with the washing???
Why get the driver? Because he was the one that brought her in to work for me.
She is a widow, and her deceased husband used to work as a driver.
I kept her despite all my complaints. My friends were all urging me to get rid of her. But I thought... a bit "chamm" (kesihan. pitiful) to ask her to go if she has 2 daughters to feed back home.

But what do you know?? Apparently, she is pregnant!!!
According to my guard. That is. How true I don't know lah.

I should have known that she is abit dodgy the first couple of days as a full-timer....cause she was wearing her sleepwear in the morning...while working. As in making breakfast for my kids and mopping the floors. I then told her to CHANGE and wear appropriate clothes.

Oh well.... only loss is my S1's mobile. So far, that is.
Who knows?
I might discover some other lost items later...

7 comments:

Leena said...

Maid problem again. She just packed her bags and left? You already tolerate her so much, what more can she asked for? Must be very hiao one..

Linda said...

oh... where has all the GOOD maid gone? my aunt who live in Pantai Indah Kapuk, her maid jumped from 2nd floor and ran away, got caught by the guard house, nothing serious, and almost ALL the maid I saw are busy with their mobile.

The "suster" my grandpa had for the last few months was also very "pakpai", bossing around. Luckily we get rid of her just in time.

hope you find a better maid....

LZmommy said...

Hope you will find a better maid.. Hopefully she got the hp only and nothing more.

I just changed my maid too. My 1st maid started giving me problem in the 1st month during my confinement! Seriously, is it so tough to get a good one?

slavemom said...

Sigh... maids... a nvr-ending prob.

NomadicMom said...

Shern's Mom - Yup. That's what she did.

Linda - Waaaa...so dramatic. Jump from 2nd floor summore. Really donno what happend to all the good ones.

LZMommy - Yes. It is TOUGH to get a good maid. I haven't gone through stuff...so donno if she took anything else.

Slavemom - You can say that again

wen said...

u and i can high five! we are the same and coincidently, my previous maid who was with me for only 3 weeks was pregnant too! had a one night stand in cambodia before she came over here!
not easy to go get a good maid liao but then u can hire locals there easily and fast, for us, gotta wait at least 2 mths..and u hv a driver, so cant high five with u on that! :)

NomadicMom said...

Wen - I supposed that's the plus point, i.e. easy to find replacement...but then also, they can just leave whenever they want to though

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker