Monday, November 23, 2009

General Updates - 23 Nov 2009

Week Long Break!
Boys are having a week long break. And what does that mean??
Games. TV. Internet.
What else?
Originally, intended to either bring the boys to Yogjakarta or Singapore. H actually prefer that I go to Singapore. But with my 'cacat' neck/back/arm, decided to stay put to keep to my chiropractic schedules.
Besides, we are without passports....as our visa/permit needs extension.
Donno why sooooo many holidays one. And it'll only be another 3 weeks before they break for 3 weeks over Xmas/New Year.
Anyway, planning to take them to Waterbom on Wednesday....if it doesn't rain....RAINY season now...

CryBaby
Me. That is.
I find that my tear ducts are ULTRA sensitive these days. The more so, the older I get.
I cry at almost any movies.
I actually cried a few times watching 2012 yesterday!
H was very amused...
GILA or not??
BTW, thought that 2012 was quite a nice movie...

Neck/Back/Arm Pains...
Am better...but still not totally okay.
Despite of the pains, I adhered to my usual planned activities last week.... did went painting on Monday, scrapbooking on Tuesday, tour to Villa D'Equilibrium on Wed, gym on Thursday (though I reduced my time and extent). Friday...think I just lazed about after my chiropractic adjustment. Hee hee..
Went for a swim with the boys this evening...could feel that my right arm has minimal strength. Needed a noodle to help me afloat. Don't know when I would totally be okay... the chiropractor mentioned at least 36 sessions. My insurance policy generally covers up to 16 sessions only, and they would only approve more sessions with a medical resport. Yes. Will be getting the chiropractor to prepare a detail report. Will see how this goes...

New Painting
Yes! I've completed another painting. Actually, completed last Monday.
Check it out HERE.
You like?

What happened to my Baking???
Yup. Haven't baked for ages. And I mean ages!!!!
For one, I've been in pain....and also lazy. There are numerous Xmas bazaars around town that I could have had a stall selling my cupcakes. Boys' school had one on the 11th. And then the American school just last Saturday, and then there's another bazaar tomorrow...and another next week. But But But....PAIN and LAZINESS just does not allow me to commit. :-)
Plus, I wanted to finish off my paintings... going to participate in an art exhibition next month.
More details later...

New Maid
Two weeks. So far so good....and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll last longer than the rest! She's not really a cook, but as long as she can prepare and cut the ingredients, deep-fry stuff (I hate doing this), do simple stir-frys...should be okay lah. She made fish and chips today, which turned out alright. I can do the more complicated stuff, if required.
She's definitely neater than my last runaway maid. How can I tell?
You know those cleaning sponges and cloths that you normally keep under the sink? Where no one sees?
Well, the last maid basically THROWs everything intho the cabinet. Whereas this one actually folds the cloth, and nicely stack the sponges.
So. I'm hopeful....

6 comments:

wen said...

good to know that u hv better maid. hope mine is better too.

holiday means no need to get up early ma..hehe

can go shopping if one persists..hehe, go jalan jalan nearby only lor..

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

I cried like a baby during 2012 as well!!!!! Think it's the age :P
Glad to hear your arm is less cacat.

mom2ashleyaidan said...

thanks for dropping by my blog...
and hope that this maid of yours is a keeper:P

NomadicMom said...

Wen - Re: Maid. So far so good lah. Still early days though.
Ya. No need to wake up early if holidays. :-)

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - Good to know that I am NOT the only CRY BABY. hahahah

Mom2AshleyAidan - Yup. Keeping fingers crossed.

laundryamah said...

wah that sad meh 2012..wah liddat i dare not watch leow..hahahaa

NomadicMom said...

Laundryamah - Just bring lots of tissues!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker