Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Updates.... 4th November 2009

Some boring updates....

S2's Residential
As usual, S2 had a ball of a time at his 3 days/2 nights Residential Trip....visited museum, had fun at a water park, stayed in a 5 * hotel room with his pals...and best of all, NO mommy NAGS for the duration!

Dubai?
H came home the other day and mentioned the possibility of Dubai on the cards...
I said "Huh? No driver wor...." and then H said "but people drive BMWs there...since no tax"
Me - "Okay. I want an X5!"
H - "X5? Got camel also thau-cheow already!!"
Hahhahah...
That's just all talk lah. I've learnt earlier on NOT to think and fret about where we are going next.... cause it's all talk and probably will not come into fruition. As H says "Sapp wakk ter mei yau yatt peet" (have to say in Cantonese lah).
Will cross the bridge when we come to the waters.... I just want to put this in as I thought H's comment about the CAMEL was rather funny. Heee

H Away
H is currently on his way to Europe for work. Took the midnight flight out from Singapore. The last time I spoke to him, he sounded rather stressed about work....lots of changes, it seems. I hope he is coping okay. He actually left for Singapore on Sunday....and will only be back next Sunday. Whilst he is away, S2 is keeping his side of the bed warm...which means either I have to be in bed early OR S2 goes to bed later than his usual bedtime. The plus thing is I could just kick him up... instead of getting up and then going to his room to wake him. Hhahaha. Yes. Lazy mommy.

No Baking ...
Yeah. I haven't baked for two weeks. Seems like a long time. I had some "missed" inquiries that was sent via email. My fault. Of course...
I was also too lazy to bake for the boys' class....despite repeated pleas. Don't know lah. Just have no mood to bake...although I did buy Martha Stewarts book with 175 cupcake recipes last weekend. :-D

Parent-Teacher Conference
My S1 has a student -led conference with the teachers today, which means I would have to take the long ride out to school. S1's home with me now. I think he is feeling kinda restless since no TV and Computer allowed. But he is good in the sense that he read his book and then practised his Sax. Both he and S2 managed to get the tunes for the HOUSE theme... as in you know the series Dr. House????
Anyway, will see what his teachers say about his performance at school later today....

Sis and Family
Yeah. 2nd sis and her family will be flying in from Singapore this Saturday for a short visit. Have been trying to see where to go. Water Park? Safari Park? Kidzania? Seaworld?
We have not decided yet as my boys only can accompany them over the weekend. We'll see how ler...

New Blog
Check out my new blog! I've been busy...
ART by NOMADIC MOM

2 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

wow! how exciting! Dubai should be fun ... if thats on the cards.

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - Aiya. Donno lah. Don't want to think lah. When the time comes, if it comes, then only see how lah.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker