Wednesday, October 06, 2010

I'm Scared to Touch his Forehead!!

How do you check if your child has a fever?
I don't jump straight for a thermometer. Usually, I will place my hands or my cheek against my boys' forehead first. Should I feel the temperature is warmer than "usual", then only I will whip out the thermometer. Most of the time, this mommy's in-built bio-thermometer works pretty accurately to gauge FEVER or NO-FEVER. But lately, I am afraid to even touch S1's forehead...let alone put my cheek on it. Why?
Have you seen the erupting Mount Vesuvius on his forehead lately? His acne is pretty bad. I've give him special facial wash and creams. I don't know if he actually uses them or the product did not agree with his skin. Perhaps I have to find alternative acne treatments to solve his skin problems. Know any good brands for adolescent skin?

3 comments:

mott said...

oh dear..hv u seen a dermatologist about it? Teen hormones are pretty bad..and I know..it'll be a torture for me to see my boys grow up and deal with that!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Eh? I thought you took him for facial?

g

NomadicMom said...

mott - no. haven't. my friend told me to bring him to a homeotherapist? Donno where to find also..

G - I did. Then for a week, the face will be smooth and nice, then it starts again. I want to bring him again, but he kept refusing. Said sooo painful. I actually can hear him cry on the next bed. hahahahah

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker