Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Work also not so long....

Ya. really. Working also not so long hours...when I was working, I usually leave my house at 8 am, and that's to send S2 to my moms with the maid or whatever. And am usually back at my mom's house by 6.30 pm. But today....I have been out of the house since 6.45 am, and am still out.....waiting for H in a cafe in his office building. What to do? We only have one car, and to have the driver send me home first and then come back to pick H would be a nightmare. So...I just come and duduk here for half and hour to wait for H to finish work....that is, if he don't suddenly go into some last minute meeting!!

I constantly find myself having less and less time. I wonder why? I don't work now. Why always NO time one? Is it the traffic or just getting older that my "sau kiok Mann"(hands and legs slowed down)? Or just doing nonsense?
Maybe a bit of everything lah....

Anyway, I was at the US Embassy for 3.5 hours today. Had to apply US Visas for both the boys. Really really gila. I thought with their appointment system, should be a breeze but NO! I arrived at 7.30 am for my 8.00 am appointment. As usual, had to queue outside, then queue inside, then go through security, queue some more. Wait. wait. queue some more... And the interview was like 3 minutes! It was fast as both H and I have visas already. lucky boys needn't come along as they are under 14. Saw some aunties have their visa applications turned down. Like so "chamm". Can you imagine waiting for 3.5 hours and then they tell you DECLINED! Not come back another day but DECLINED? And these appointments have to be made waaaaaaaaay in advance. I actually submitted the boys' application on 22 August and earliest appointment that I could get was today. 1.5 months!!! Waliow! Also, here the officers seem scarier... I remember when I went to the US Embassy in KL, it wasn't as scary and long a wait as here.

And from US Embassy, I have to rush to the Thai Embassy to drop some papers off, and then to H's office to drop our passports off for our re-entry permit extension. Otherwise, after my 10-days away, I cannot enter back into the country!! And then went to my reallllllllllly long Mommies Lunch. Have to say a really long lunch. From noon to 4 pm!!! Not lunch liow. Includes afternoon tea also! Lucky I gave instructions to my maid on what to cook tonight. Errrrr...don't think I can or should eat. Must go on diet lah...had quite a lot of sinful desserts at lunch. What's the boys' dinner?
Good 'ole Bak Kut Teh.

2 comments:

sting said...

hahaha! yeah, sometimes I also wonder where all my time went! no longer work mah so "should" have more time right?! but nooooo way ya :-)

NomadicMom said...

Sting - Yeah lah. Why ah??

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker