Sunday, October 17, 2010

Leaving all the boys alone for TEN Days

Yup. Yup. Yup.
I am leaving all the three boys alone for 10 days.

Where am I going?

First to Bangkok for a couple of nights. Meeting my two sisters and mom in Bangkok for our first ever family GIRLIE HOLIDAY. Mom and sis, M flying from KL. Sis, D flying from Singapore. Will also be meeting my old friend, YY in Bangkok for lunch.

Then, it's back to KL for me. I have to have my Mouth Guard fixed by my dentist. I don't know if I mentioned it in my blog, but I have developed a BAD habit of clenching my jaw sooooo00 tightly that it has given me bad headaches and tireness (can't sleep well in the night...waking up still tired!). Hopefully, after this contraption is fixed, I will feel better.

Primary reason of going back to KL is to have my LASIK enhancement. Did my LASIK last August (2009) and they did tell me that most likely I needed an enhancement as my prescription of very high then. The computer didn't allow to fully-correct my eyesight. So... got to do it again. But just gonna do one eye...leaving the other for reading when long-sightedness (Lou Far Ngan) sets in. Then there's the post-surgery check-up a day later, and then a week later.
That's why I will be 10 days away from my boys.

H is actually in Singapore now.... and when he called me a while ago, he was at SANDS. I said "Eh? What is this? Told me you need to work. Why at SANDS gambling?"... and my kepoh S2 who has been eavedropping interrupted and said "He SHOULD be relaxing and enjoying himself now....cause from tomorrow, he will have to take care of us for TEN DAYS!"
Hahahhaha. True. True.

My boys' schedule is quite gila next week...with the Student-Led Conferences with the Teachers on two different days, then there's the Mandarin Classes, the re-scheduled after-school activities, etc. etc. ...Naturally, I had to brief my H and tried to do it over dinner yesterday night. He said "Don't tell me. Don't tell me. I am not listening. Email to me." And EMAIL I did.
I don't know what's with men. Before I booked my flights to Bangkok and KUL, I told him the proposed schedule...when I was going, when I was coming back etc. Obviously, he wasn't listening...as he went "WHAT? TEN DAYS??? Why sooooo LONG?" when he asked me again about my schedule two days ago! Actually told me to fly back home for 3 days, and then fly back to KUL to collect my mouth guard and to have my second post-Lasik check-up.
AIYO... really never sit plane before meh???

Anyway, did a whole load of grocery shopping this afternoon. Packed and labelled all the meats/chicken/bones etc and freezed them in their respective "day package". Typed out the boys' menu for breakfast and dinner for the next 10 days (except for weekends....H probably will take them out anyway) - this is for the maid so that she knows what to cook on each day. Am almost ALL organized except that I need to buy a few more items, and to make Lor Mai Kai tomorrow.

Also made a fairly large fruit cake yesterday for H to munch on while I am away. It would have been much better if I had checked on it before the recommended cooking time. I don't know why I didn't...when I usually do. As a result, the cake is slightly over-cooked. Oh well.. next time lor then... BTW, had an order of cupcakes from a friend for yesterday too. See here.

That just leaves packing my own barang-barang.....

2 comments:

allthingspurple said...

lasik for lou far eyesight? See, I learn something new again. Any side effect that you are uncomfortable with from lasik? Me been contemplating for years and dare not try.

and Happy Girlie HOliday!!

NomadicMom said...

allthingspurple - No. My LASIK is to make my RIGHT side vision 20/20 for distance, as it is my dominant eye. So only enhanced one side.
My left eye is left a little short-sighted for reading....

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker