Friday, October 08, 2010

Who said "didn't buy much in Melbourne"????

Who?
Me lah....
I sincerely thought that we didn't buy much as the exchange rate is not exactly favourable to the USD. But when I unloaded our stuff from the bags and put them all on the table, I was a little surprised myself with the amount of stuff we had bought in Melbourne.

S1's Request - A Book
Salad Spinner

Cupcake Containers
(for boys' lunchboxes... H said "waste money"!)



2 -Tier Cupcake/Muffin Carrier
(some of my scrapbooking items are stuffed inside)



A Variety of Dips, Pates and Rolo Dessert
(Yes. Bought a Cool Bag and Reusable Ice Packs)



Pita Bread
(Dad said "never heard of people go australia and buy bread!" hahahhahha)


Chunky Soup, Seasoning, Sandwich Spreads, Sauces and YES - Tomato Ketchup
(My gila hubby lah...he is a tomato ketchup freak!)

More Sauces - A variety from MasterFoods

Instant Mac&Cheese and Soup Stock

Byron Bay Cookies, Halloween Marshmallows, Cadbury Chocolates, Scrabble Belgian Chocolates...

Sweeties (H's) and Ferrero Rocher (boys')


Fruit Bars and Dry Fruits
(for the boys)
Gingerbread House Kit


Vitamins (for S2) and EPO (for me)
Wines and Bubbly....


And I haven't post my scrapbooking stuff yet... Actually, didn't buy that much scrapbooking stuff as they were so much more expensive in Australia than the States. Most of the nice things were all US-brands rather than Aussie.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That IS a lot of stuff!! B said "Wah, she really bought a lot of things!" hahaha....

I want the individual cupcake containers toooo!

D

constance said...

i love ketchups too! i bought lots of those cute Heinz mini bottles when i was in Aust too.. lol crazy but it's true..lol and i love those cloth bags tat looks like a bolster case but they are actually for you to stuff all your plastic bags or recyled bags in.. they have those in food labels which i like. and I collect an enormous collection of Green bags fr Aust.. those with names of stores, markets, even sports team and movie themes...

sting said...

oh I love all the food items :-P someone told me Australia's tomato ketchups and chocolates are tastier than those that we get here... true?

Anonymous said...

D - i buy for you lor.., just need to know where cheh bought it from

v

MeRy said...

Tat was alot.....happy shopping!!

Leena said...

wah...that's freaking a lot leh..

Mamapumpkin said...

Errr.....I laughed out loud when I saw those cupcake holders wor.....LOLOLOL

Wah, you damn food freak, huh? I would have spent my $$$ on clothes!

Anonymous said...

your dad's comment abt the pita bread got me laughing, and then i saw how much more food u bought, wow!

happy scrapbooking all the other wonderful memories from your trip!

- bp

coffeesncookies said...

show us your scrapbooking. i think you easily brought home 3-4 grocery bagsful of goodies. hard to resist with the choices available.

NomadicMom said...

D - Little bit here. Little bit there.... Suddenly become so much.

Constance - Eh...my hubs was actually looking for those HUGE giant sized ones ...those with a pump that is used by those restaurants one. Hahahha... but cannot find lah.
I used to buy loads of those "bolster" plastic bag holders too but sorta grew out of it lah.

Sting - Chocolates ah... definitely better than those made in malaysia ones ler. Think the milk is creamier over there.

v - donno shop's mame. its upstairs in harbour town.

MeRy - Now slowly going through the food stuff!

Shern's Mom - But slowly can eat all maaaa...

Mamapumpkin - The clothes in Australia was pretty pricey...compared to USA leh. I went to Country Road to look-see. So ex lah...

bp - Eh. Here very "chamm" one lah. No nice dips and spreads. Once in a while when there is a shipment from Oz, the expat community here reacts like "chapp tou kamm" (found gold)!

Coffeencookies - My scrapbooking pages all very simple ones lah... as I cram sooooo many photos on one page. Not the usual one photo per page ones that you see in the magazines.

LittleLamb said...

hahahahaha @ mamapumkin's comment. i reckon she is thinking about "breast holders"

anyway back to topic..yup a lot of stuff there but cant u buy them in Jkt? unless the taste is different la. i wont be able to know the difference ie ketchup from oz n my, etc..

jacss said...

wow...that's a lot of goodies & i can bet the excitement in you for the chance to shop & shop & eat, that's what foodies love to do...shop for food instead of clothes, haha!!
i would grab the cupcake holder too, here so far haven't see any nice yet affordable one

NomadicMom said...

Little Lamb - got look like breast holders meh?
As for food...I donno about the ketchup but certainly my boys prefer the BBQ sauce. As for the dips and spreads, here a little hard to get lor... That's why the stock-up!

Jacss - yeah. If can buy food, sure buy lah. Clothes these days everywhere also almost the same.

laundryamah said...

hahahaha...the salad spinner oso hve in ikea maaa...

eh n u dare to say i apa apa pun buy...u oso leh!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker