Thursday, October 12, 2006

Beeeaaauuuutiful Orchids....

Thought that I should take pictures of my beautiful orchids before they die on me. Bought these on Tuesday (10th October)......In the morning, I went to buy the "blue/white" chinese

(reproduction lah, of course) bowl and then went to the orchid vendor to fill it up eith 6 pots of orchid into the bowl. Nice, huh?? Soooooo beeeeaaauuutiful.


The orchid guy said that it should last about a month, thereafter, I must chop off the stalk, move it out of the house, and then give it some liquid fertilizer... then it's waiting time for the next season of growth. Have to say again.. sooooo beautiful!!!
Also said not to water it since the bowl has no opening for extra water to flow out. So, it's a spray of water on the leaves every 2 days. Gave the instructions to the maids already. Hopefully, they don't kill my orchids prematurely. 6 pots of orchids costs about RM 70/-. Made the orchid guy give free arang batu.

As for the reproduction bowl... actually prefer reproduction. Don't really fancy antiques.
No.1 Don't know how to appreciate OLD OLD stuff.
No.2 Cost a huge bomb. Pay the extra $$$$ for worn and tattered stuff? For what??
No.3 Cannot tell REAL Antiques from Reproduction. Skali kena con.

Driver took me to a place where there were a row of antique stalls. Saw a "blue/white" plate and the fella wanted RM 800 for the plate. SIOW!!! My reproduction bowl so nice and only RM 60.

Gosh... some guy just called me house and actually asked "MJ?" (House address lah) and I said "Yes". And he said "F&#k You!". I wonder who could that be. Could be the gardener? Maid-Y's husband?? AquaMan?? Don't know lah...

Am going out to a Craft Fair with some friends later this morning. Will see what goodies I can find. Will take pictures and update later.

2 comments:

laundryamah said...

wah so cantik. orchids very difficult to take care leh...got to hv shade ler bla bla bla..

NomadicMom said...

yup yup yup... this morning I tengok, two of the flowers like wilting liow. Luckily I took photo when it is still nice...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker