Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Kids these Days....

Kids these days are more techno-savvy than us man!! My 6 year old just ask me for a mobile phone so that he can DOWNLOAD games and music! Alamak!! I certainly don’t do downloads on my mobile phone. Neither does H. So, must be influence from school??!?? Also, he has been asking the father for a PDA… I was like asking S2 sarcastically “you know what is PDA, meh.. thinking that he doesn’t know what it is. And he said “of course! So that when I have parties to go to, I can just input the dates into my PDA” some more show me the ‘input’ action with those digital pen.

S1 also talking about iPODs and such… Aiyo….Aiyoyo. If I don’t stop H, he WILL indulge the boys with these gadgets. H was like asking me to give my iPOD (which I have yet to configure) to S1. I was like “NO WAY!”… As it is, we’ve given S1 one of H’s old phones, i.e. the Nokia N-Gage. But I can’t seem to find the game cartridges and now S1 is complaining that he wants a NEW phone!!! These kids!!! No. I’ve not allowed S1 to take the phone to school with him. He’s so irresponsible with stuff. Sure will lose it one. As it is, he’s lost his school’s name tag twice. It’s like no big deal, but the name tag is also a swipe card that allows the kid to purchase food and drinks at the tuckshop and cafeteria. I had the statement printed out the other day, and S1 was like I didn’t buy this and this and this. I was like “huh?? You see lah!! Lose you card and now I am feeding other people’s children???” Some more the food at the school so mahal some more. *sigh* How do you instill responsibility and accountability to kids these days????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

waahhh...
what PDA PDA huh! Start with old fashioned diary first laaa...

my phone doubles as a PDA but i use my old-fashioned diary more... Only use the PDA when "beepbeeP" reminder on that day...

v

laundryamah said...

warao eh.. i think it's peer pressure. dunno what those parents think when they lavish such gadgets for their kids..substitute for time with kids??

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker