Thursday, October 26, 2006

Maid-A

Maid-A has gone AWOL...

She left on Saturday (21st Oct) night, and told me that she would return on Tuesday (24th) night. She didn't. And still not back nor called. Maid-Y told me that her stuff has all been cleared from the room. Anyway, I told Maid-Y to move into her room if she wants to (Maid-A has a bigger room cause she started work first so had chosen the bigger room earlier).

Actually, before she left, I already knew that she might not return..cause her uncle (my driver) already warned me. He told me that she is no good, and that I should get rid of her as he didn't want his name tarnished as it was he who brought her to our house. He told me that she goes out at night to talk to her boyfriend at night and that he has told the guards to lock her out if she does it again. Also told me that she tells the guards, him and Maid-Y different stories etc etc. So, we actually kept our more valuable stuff in the safe before her departure, in case she decides to take anything, and didn't give her the full month's pay. Didn't give her angpow also. But you know lah, what we deem as not valuable (so thus not kept in safe) may be deemed valuable to them. So, even if she did take some stuff, I also would not really know ler...

Anyway, this is very very common here. The maids go off during the festive season and never to return. H's customer was telling him that he had tried all sorts...money, leave, gifts etc etc to entice them to return after the festive holidays, but they never do. When I told H this morning, that the maid didn't return, he giggled and said that he will text his customer with "you are right. we just lost one..." Oh well.. Just maids anyway. Btw, Maid-A is the one that I see always taking afternoon naps.

So far, Maid-Y has been okay..other than the bedsheet incident. She somehow has more initiative. H notices too. Even when she rests, she keeps her room door open so that she could still respond when I call or when she hears the car come home. The other one, i.e. Maid-A don't bother one...really have to call and call. Well,..Maid-Y is going on her "festive" leave on Tuesday (1st Nov) for a week... we'll see if she will be a returnee or another AWOL person... :-)

No comments:

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker