Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Boys' School Carnival 2010

This is a back-dated post....But not so back-dated to 2009 lah.

Boys had their annual school carnival on Sunday, 6 June 2010. I had volunteered to man the Hair Art Stall at 10.00 AM. As S1 thought his duty (for his class' stall) was at 9.30 AM, we were at school about 9 AM, plus I had to meet with S2's teacher. At first I thought I had to braid hair etc....and I am hopeless at that. Actually, all I had to do was use coloured hairspray. Easy Peasy!

What did they have at the Carnival?
Traditional Fair Games, Hair Art, Nail Art, Face Painting, Cupcakes and Cookie decorating Stalls.
Food Stalls - DinTaiFung, Tamarind Indian, Oh La La! Cafe (french pastries), a small hotdog/burger place and food from the School Cafetaria.
Vendor Stalls selling all sorts from toys to coffee to body creams to cushion covers etc.
Bouncy castles (not castle lah...), Rocking Bull, Pony Rides, Trishaw Rides, EuroBungy, Water Wars etc.
Performances from Staff, Students and External Parties (S2 was in the Orchestra performance)
Champagne Tent where champagne and other cocktails can be purchased.
Races between teachers and parents, and of course the must-have lucky draws (which we didn't win anything!)

Some of the Fun Stuff

H's Heineken and My 2 champagnes
(all proceeds of these purchases go to charity....so don't blame me for trying to be charitable)

Performance by the School's Local Staff - Musicians


Ditto - Dancers
(the painted guy in black is the HeadMaster)


Setting up the Orchestra
(S2 is the seated one in White)


Pretty Maids all in a Row - Violinists
We left school at 2ish-3 PM. Can't remember after all the champagnes and margaritas!

2 comments:

Mamapumpkin said...

Are u rubbing it in?! LOL

NomadicMom said...

Mamapumpkin - How could I be rubbing in? The last post I read at your blog was from 2007.
*wink* *wink*

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker