Friday, June 25, 2010

Feel Terrible...

Yeah. Feeling terrible for writing the last post...it's like making use of the tragedy to make a few dollars. And just immediately after I submitted the post for approval, I received an email from the school with updates. Yes. Official SAR teams provided by the Government has ceased, but search activities will continue along certain parts of the river. At the same time, the school has established a Fund to support the family Pak Ade Arfan, who perished when he went after SY. And you k now what? His wife is going to give birth to their first child soon.

As I am writing this, I am crying buckets.... It just hit me real HARD again that I could have lost my son. He was there - witnessing it all..... Any slight change in circumstances and it could have been any of our children at that trip.

We definitely will contribute to this fund. It is the least we can do for his heroic efforts. S1 said he pulled the other 3 kids to safety and then went after SY.......

8 comments:

mott said...

ayo..i know how u feel. It's a personal post..and but..it's ok, I treated it as a personal post too.

It is such a terrible terrible loss. I don't even know her..and not even close to you..but do feel your pain as such young lives are taken. RIP to both souls.

Mamapumpkin@gmail.com said...

All I can say is....God has his plans.....

stay-at-home mum said...

OMG! Missed your earlier posts about what happened. Must be really traumatic for you and S1. {{HUGS}}

slavemom said...

OMG! Wat a horrible tragedy! So glad to hear S1's safe. Hope he'll get over it in time.

NomadicMom said...

Mott - *sigh*....

Mamapumpkin - I don't know about this...

SAHM - He's fine. But I think the school is still concerned and is providing counselling..

Slavemom - Think it's the mommies have more difficult time trying to get over the thought of HOW close it was...

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

The thought of "how close it was" will haunt all involved and even as an outsider...I could feel the fear and the loss.

wen said...

who is SY? did u post abt this?

NomadicMom said...

WMD - Think it's because women especially mothers tend to replay the scenario left, right and center...and then our imagination go wild....

Wen - Yeah I did. First post was "Every Parent's Nightmare"

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker