Sunday, September 19, 2010

I cannot be a Flight Attendant!

No. Not because that I am aesthetically- or height-challenged. Errr..actually these two are not even a necessity with European/Australian/American airlines. And one definitely need not be young too. I remember the flight attendants on British Airways when I was studying in the UK - they were even older than my Ah Ma (grandmother)!

Why did I bring this up? Well,.... my H had wanted to go to the States again (as in next week!) to do some important tasks and had asked me to tag along. I wasn't too keen ...as we had just come back from the States (landed in Asia on the 1st of August), travelled to Penang in early-August and then just flew back to Jakarta mid-August. In addition, I am going to Bangkok next month.... Seems like a lot of travelling in a short period of time and I really feel NOT settled. Don't know how flight attendants do it!

If I do go away, then I will have to arrange for dad or mom to fly over to Jakarta to babysit the boys. Not only that, I have just recently volunteered for the school's Math program which required me to undergo some training. Am also now the Class Rep for S2's class...as no moms wanted to volunteer - So 'chamm'!! Schedule has been pretty hectic. To go away means my schedule will be a bit mucked-up. Thus, really wanted to have things all sorted out first. Ding Dong here and there, then my H said that he will try to sort it out over here and thus we do not need to travel to the States. So I thought all settled and okay. No need to worry about schedules etc.

Then my H said that he wants to go on a short trip with me... and asked where I wanted to go. Again, my facial expression must have shown that I wasn't that keen...and we almost end up FIGHTING. He said "wanna go away with you also so difficult!".....
Well, to cut long story short, I am flying to Melbourne this Thursday. Yes...so very last minute. Dad's flying in to babysit the boys on Wednesday.... Lots of things to sort out. The boys schedule, my meeting with other Class Reps, our Melbourne hotel, my other appointments etc etc. Aduh!
Think this trip, we NOT going to do anything other than eat, drink and sleep. Oh yah...and shopping for more Scrapbooking stuff! Hahahha. H actually said "I don't care. Next time, I am going to get you more papers! Otherwise you are like sooooo 'hann' like that!"

Okay...gotta go search for my hotel rooms now.

12 comments:

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Lucky you!! I wished my husband will ajak me more often lah. But too of a good thing also no syiok?? :)

laundryamah said...

ppl wanna take u on trips just go larrr...sai meang...tsk tsk...

javapot said...

bet u'll be able to get lots of nice stuff for your scrap booking. have fun.

NomadicMom said...

Bryan and Brandon's mama - Don't get me wrong. I lurve to travel...but just feel too many things happening. Plus this is first time that my dad is doing the babysitting instead of my mom. So abit worried if he would be too bored alone here when boys are at school...

Laundryamah - Not Sai Meang lah. Just ...Just.. You know..

JavaPot - Yeah. Yeah. got a list of scrapbooking shops on my list liow...

allthingspurple said...

what a good wife, so "hannnn"! My husb always complaining that I spend too much! And so nice of him to ajak you jalan-jalan leh, it shows that he love your company so much mah

NomadicMom said...

Allthingspurple - I think he's seen those scrapping pagers from the magazine and find that they are so much more attractive than my boring pages. I try to limit myself with no more than 3 papers per page. Eh...papers expensive lah. Here in Jakarta, they cost almost USD 2 per piece. 3 papers already USD 6 ...and not including embellishments summore. To save papers, when I overlay the papers, I actually cut holes in the bottom ones so that I could use the "extra" for other things.

Mamapumpkin said...

I feel very unsettled when traveling too! Living out of a suitcase from bed to bed & not my own bed, there's nothing like being home & being in control! Of course, I do love seeing new places & doing new things but I think too much too often & I will go bonkers.

Mamapumpkin said...

I feel very unsettled when traveling too! Living out of a suitcase from bed to bed & not my own bed, there's nothing like being home & being in control! Of course, I do love seeing new places & doing new things but I think too much too often & I will go bonkers.

Health Freak Mommy said...

You are SO lucky. I would have gave a resounding YES YES YES, I want to go! I wish I could traverse the world too like you!

jacss said...

emmm...like everyone said, no chance to travel..we whine, too much of travelling, we grumble pulak, haha...
but i agree, too much also means it distrubs our routines & when it affects the kids, it ain't gonna be easy!!
anyway, since already going...ma as well enjoy, have fun!!

LittleLamb said...

i think signs of aging la...
*run fast fast*

for me, i also limit my travel nowadays. I mean for work. If I can delegate, 101% I will.

NomadicMom said...

Mamapumpkin - Yeah. I can't be too long away from my own bed. But I think it's just that I like to have things planned and run smoothly...ie not disrupting my schedules. Know what I mean?

Health Freak Mommy - Of course it's nice lah, once you get out and have fun without the kids!

jacss - don't think the kids really care. Mommy not around lagi best. Nobody to nag them.

Little Lamb - Eh. Not really age lah. I turned down a regional job many many years ago as it required travelling round the region. Even then, didn't like the idea of flying every week. I supposed if I didn't, I would really be a high-flyer instead of a See-Lai now!!! Hahahahah

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker