Monday, January 07, 2008

Bangkok - Part 1

Went to Bangkok with H on Saturday, 29th Dec and stayed on till New Year's Day. What do we do?
EAT
SLEEP
SHOP
BEING NOTTI ;-P

Hahahhahaah......


Day One - Saturday, 29th Dec
We arrived early in the morning. Took a cab to the hotel. We stayed at the Somerset Suwan Park View. For awhile, thought the name rang a bell...and then I realised that when we lived in Bangkok, our driver's name was Suwan. :-) Anyway, it's a serviced apartment in Soi TonSon, off Ploenchit. I think this place is really good. Located in the quiet street of TonSon, and so near to Central Chitlom and the Chitlom BTS Station. Apartments are of a good size with a kitchenette and living room. I really prefer a serviced apartment than a hotel leh. Yes. We did make use of the kitchen. Made supper :-D hehehee...

After a quick rest, we went to the Food Loft on the top floor of Central Chitlom for lunch. We had Tom Yum, Kar Moo Tom and Phad Thai. Was very very yummy! Went to the Erawan Shrine for prayers in the afternoon after lunch. And in the evening, went out for dinner with my friend. She was actually gonna go up-country, but delayed the trip till after our dinner. Would be a 7-hour journey for her. Feel so pai-seh. Had pre-dinner drinks at Vertigo - the famed roof top bar at the Banyan Tree on Sathorn. It was very very nice. Took some pix of Bangkok in the night....but pictures not very nice leh. We then proceeded to Ember on Soi Langsuan for dinner. Wat did I have? Let me think...err.. Had the foie gras for starter, then soft shell crab as main, and melted chocolate cake for dessert. I actually told H to pay for dinner waaaaaay before dinner, but we were too slow. My friend, YY snuck her credit card to the waiter before we knew it. It was great meeting this old friend...

Day Two - Sunday, 30th Dec 2007
We were off to Chatuchak in the morning. Didn't really have much to buy. Just go basically for old time's sake. Stuffed ourselves silly with food. Had fried pork, cincau, kwetiew soup, fried chicken, coconut etc. Then from Chatuchak, we went to the old Pantip Plaza on Pratunam....I say old because it has a new name liow. It's called IT World or something like that. So many changes in Bangkok from the time we lived here. Previously, H was like saying "let's go to the seafood shop in front of Amari Watergate"...hehehe...little did he know that his little one-storey shack of a seafood place has been demolised, and in its place is a multi-storey clothing center called Platinum. Hahahah.. When we were at Pantip Plaza, we could see a glimpse of the new and shiny-looking Platinum. Hung out later at Siam Paragon. Bought a few things....had dinner at the food court. Again, stuffed ourselves silly with all sorts of foods and snacks.... and caught a movie "I am LEGEND". Wa...very expensive wor...watch movie here. Cost BHT 160 per ticket. NO. Not the premium one leh... I have to say that I was very scared throughout most parts of the movie. I actually screamed quite loudly on one scene. H said I probably scared the hell out of the other movie-goers, instead of the movie itself. :-P

Day Three - Monday, 31st Dec 2007
Silly ppl like us then took a cab to Soi RangNam to look for the old roast pork rice stall. ALAMAK! The place NO longer there liow. So, cincai eat at another stall lor. Why Soi RangNam? H's old office was there, and he used to eat regularly at this roast pork stall. Sort of want to revive the nostalgia! And then it was off to Siam Paragon again. Shopped abit and then had wine and some sweets. We had dinner at Somboon Seafood over at Surawongse. Had crabs, prawns, oyster omelette, Tom Yum and Claypot tanghoon. Very yummy and cheap too. Then we walked to Patpong. Was a nice stroll....the weather was very good. Breezy and abit chilly too. Hehehee...bought some cushion covers from Patpong. H was like saying "we don't even come here when we had guests before...why you wanna walk in here??". But okay what... Anyway, went home...rested, and came out for the New Year's countdown over at Central World Plaza. Videos...later.

Day Four - Tuesday, 1st January 2008
We have some time to kill before we catch our afternoon flight. We watched a movie in the apartment and continued on to Central Chitlom to do some last minute shopping...
Overall, enjoyed my trip to Bangkok. Though we didn't do much...it was really relaxing and fun.

Here are some of the stuff I bought.

Clothes for Kids
T-shirt of little D, Romper for little A, Dress for little E, Long Tees for My Boys
NEXT Jeans for the Boys
Jim Thompson Bag
(H says to "get rid of my plastic-bags carrying. So this one will replace my plastic bags!!!)
Jim Thompson Stuff
To put my medicine and stuff
Thai Silk Weave
For my shelf in the hall
Princess Grill
(H was very happy with this. It's half the price compared to here!!)
Cookie Cutters, Meat & Syrup Thermometers and Such
Saw them, so buy lor..
Khanom Jeen and Pork Cubes
(Very difficult to get Pork ones here...)
Oopsss...forgot to take picture of the cushion covers... Nevermind lah.. just like any other faux-silk ones that you see in the stalls in the KL malls.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm..I love BKK too. If I can, I'd retire there, everything is so affordable. Only prob is the politics la.

Hee hee hee..so typical, buying all the household stuff....luckily u bought some stuff for urself...if not, waste leh.. ha ha ha..

no shoes, no bra???? HA HA HA!

stay-at-home mum said...

WHAT!??! Did not go to the spa for a massage at all??? What a waste!

My Rantings said...

Hee... 'being notti'! That's what we did too when we were there! *wink wink*

I also don't mind going there again! :)

NomadicMom said...

mott - See lah..maye i go retire there too!!
This time, no buy bra nor cheapo slippers. My thai-kor-kar cannot tahan.

SAHM - Oh yeah. I did go for massage. Was okay only lah... think my regular spa better and cheaper too!!! Also had a foot reflex at Bangkok airport cause the seats more comfy! :)

Dancing Queen - No kids...and got sofa. dining table. kitchen. of course be notti lah. Hahahahahhahaha

bp said...

Haha! So it was indeed great buys for you! (I had read the post after this, first).

NomadicMom said...

bp - Not really all that great buys lah.. But can't exactly NOT buy anything in Bangkok lah...

Anonymous said...

eh u said go to BKK don't buy bra will "tui em chue" the "ning ku" one!

locossemina said...

Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform.
รอยดําจากสิว

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker