Tuesday, January 15, 2008

S2 is Short-Sighted!

Yup!
You read correct!
I received a note from school that informed that S2's vision is less than perfect, and I should have his vision further investigated. So when I was back in KL, I took him to an ophthalmologist (my SIL advised that I should consult the ophthalmologist first, instead of going straight to the optician) for a check-up.
The verdict?
He needed prescription glasses! *sigh*...My baby is now four-eyed! :-( The ophthalmologist did mention that if both parents are short-sighted, the higher the chance that the offspring would be too. Got him a pair that costs about $50, and he is so new to using his glasses that I have to keep asking him "where are your glasses?". Everyone has advised that I should get him a pair of spares as he is bound to either lose them or destroy them. But it is rather expensive, don't you think? But as I was logging into my laptop today, I chanced upon this Great Discovry:$ 8 Prescription Glasses From Zenni Optical! This is so much more affordable! I can now get two extra pairs of glasses for S2! Just have to look for the prescription slip now....


7 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Nomadic mom, noticed your unusual callsign at 'Mommy with 3 Angels', and being a busybody thought I come take a peek, see maybe you a lady Indiana Jones or Indiana Jane, travelling a lot. Ohh, you a 'homebody', ha ha.
Regret to read you kid has to wear glasses.
Yes, better get a spare, preferably those plastic ones, hard to scratch or break.
As you can get a discount price, get 3 pairs, keep one in the school bag, one at home.
I had mine at age 14. Mom never wore, but father yes.
Anyway, you keep well, and best regards, UL.

Sasha Tan said...

referring to yr question in my blog about the express boarding, AA stop the priority thinggy long time ago. Preggers, Old folks and kids all need to pay to get priority. Sad case. So money minded.

NomadicMom said...

u.lee - Hello... Me? Indiana Jones? No way, Jose!! Where got travel alot? Just move a fair bit. Not alot compared to some other ppl..but moved house 5 times (4 different countries) in the last 10 years...

Yes.. Speaking of spares!!! Aiyo..my S2 came back today WITHOUT his glasses. Couldn't find! Geezz...really need many may pairs!!

NomadicMom said...

Sasha - Is it?? I never knew. Just thought the Xpress Boarding is for normal abled folks. Wah...very cialatt then...

Anonymous said...

misha also need to wear spec .. she got hers late last year .. she only want it in the classroom and to read.

NomadicMom said...

misha's Mum - You and hubby wear glasses or not? Sigh....these days, kids wear glasses younger hor?

Anonymous said...

yeah we wear spec :( that's y Mish has to wear it too :(

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker