Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Only One...

Only one what???

Well, from my last post... I mentioned that we were invited for a birthday party. Well, as it turns out, I was the only Asian woman with an Asian husband. The rest were all mixed-couples. Before, I proceed further, please note that I have nothing against mixed-couples.
There were more than 20 couples at the party....all Asian ladies with Mat Salleh husbands. I have to say that I was the odd one out! H was the only Asian man. Don't ask me why the disparity. I donch know....
There was a local lady (with an ang-moh husband, of course) has the biggest pair of boobies I have ever seen. I look but kept mum! Hee hee.. but one of the Thai ladies indicated that she should give her SOME ... Errr...she actually, pulled her top down a bit to show her bra and to show that it's ALL REAL and NOT fake! Aiyo...some more that time, my S1 walked over to the table to talk to me about something. Anyway, she went on and on about her size being 32 G blah blah blah... and how she don't like to wear sexy cloths when she was a teenager but now, she does because her hubby likes her to..blah blah blah.. Oh yeah..another thing she said..she said her boobies were like watermelons when she was pregnant!
There was a Japanese lady there...the rest were all ladies from our Northern neighbour.
I hate to say this...but can't help wondering where do these ladies meet their hubbies? Even in this country that I am in now...you do see quite a lot of elderly angmoh men with very very young local girls....(as my Aussie friend says "60 year old men with their 14-year old brides!) I don't mean to sound cynical but eeerrrrmm...when you see a young Asian girl who can hardly speak English with a much older ang-moh, what is the first thing that comes to your mind?
Be honest!
I've worked with two American men in my last job, and they had girlfriends from our neighbour who later became their wives. One of them, the guy (whom I will call JB) was still married to his ang-moh wife when he brought this girl to our country. And he continually b*t@hed about his ex-wife (when not yet really ex-). Also seems very proud when he went on to tell everyone how he met his girlfriend. Apparently, he went on a 2-week (or was it one week) holiday in a sun-kissed island, and this woman came back to Malaysia with him. Got any decent girls that follow a man to a foreign country is such a short time? Well, she bore him a daughter and then later married him (after his divorce was finalised). He always joked that she didn't want to move back to her country. Too many women and too few men! Think she has this idea that all her fellow-women were gonna try to grab her ang-moh hubby. (BTW, Initially her English was really really bad. She could hardly hold a conversation. Her hubby once said "shouldn't have sent her to English classes! Now she just nags and nags and nags! Hahahahah!!!!)
And there was this other American guy, named CT. There was a time when we had a potential project in our neighbouring country, and she was d@mn scared that he was gonna be posted there. She said that the little east coat town that they were in was much better than the larger, nicer town up in our neighbour. Of course not lah. She just didn't want to go back. And when she had to go back for awhile, she was adamant that she wanted to come back as quick as possible. Apparently, she saw me as a threat!!!! Duh?? And this CT somemore always want to trick her. When she called, he'll say "I'm with nomadicmom"....and then he'll paused for awhile before going on to name the others who were present. According to one of my colleague, this lady also lied about her age....to be younger lah.. of course! And there was one time, they invited us to their apartment for dinner. Aiyo... she was soooooooo manja to him, and also all over him that we (my colleagues and I) didn't know where to put our eyes. My colleague said that I would be set for life, if I could just learn 10% of her manja skills!! hahahah...
So? Any comments??

8 comments:

My Rantings said...

You just have to go to Thailand or Bali & you'll see all these SPGs throwing themselves at the beer-bellied aging angmohs.. they love them in whatever shape, the angmohs that is. It's their ticket to get out of their rut. :)

Anonymous said...

No comments! 8P

bp said...

Sigh, things aren't what they seem. How do they communicate, really?

Size G?!! I thought D was the XL already?

Anonymous said...

wow, the lady could be so open to show her breasts ar? wow...keng!

Anonymous said...

My lau ang is angmore and we met in church! Hahahaha.

I know it is true that a lot of Caucasians in their older age do go to Thailand and Phillipines in search of a wife. Many young ladies will marry them for their money and security as most do come from a poor background. Some do really love their husbands who also treat them well. Having said that, there are cases who actually mistreat their wives and expect them to be at the beck and call.

The irony of this is: -
Poverty makes you do things you sometimes don't want to. Wealth makes you think you can do things and get what you want but money doesn't always rule the world.

NomadicMom said...

Dancing Queen - Not really love them lah.. as you say, just love the fact that they can get out of their rut!

SAHM - Very politically correct!

bp - No need to communicate what.. heehhe... lie down only maaa.. kekeke..yah. me very bad.
Yeah... So BIG yeah??

Huisia - Never see the black black part lah.. hehehe

Judy - Yes. Know your lau ang is angmoh, and not all Asian women meet their hubbies in "funny" places. ...If I have that kind of generalisation, my sister would kill me....she met her angmoh bf at work. :-)

Anonymous said...

ala....SPGs'

They think angmoh men are the answer. Perhaps some do end up happily..but I bet a majority r just miserable trying to be the SYT all the time!

NomadicMom said...

mott - SYT = Sweet Young Thing?
Err..believe me, when you are passed a certain age, trying to be SYT can be counter-productive, as in they would look quite ridiculous or odd lor...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker