Thursday, January 24, 2008

TAG - Spare the Rod?

Dancing Queen gave me this tag.... DO I SPARE THE ROD?

Of course NOT lah. With two active, jumping, squealing monkeys that are always at each other's throats and fighting... How to Spare the Rod?
Yes. I know Hitting them will not solve anything in the long term. But when they are almost killing each other, and YELLING does NOT stop the bickering and the murderous actions. I would have to WHACK!

Other times when they misbehave, I would start with my loooooooooong LECTURE, which believe me...is WORSE than my WHACKS. H always comment "like that you call whack ah?" as I don't exactly whack hard. It's just to get their attention.

Generally... I LECTURE and PUNISH by taking away things that they love ...like watching the telly, playing their PS2 or the PC. As this punishment hurts more than physical pain from WHACKS. So...in short, WHACKING is only to get their attention. When my effort in shouting for the fighting etc to STOP does NOT work. Aiya...some more my S1 so big boy already. Have to minimize lah... but then when he behaves like a little brat, WHACK it is!!

Now...who to tag? Think most done liow...but I will tag the following..
Laundryamah
Mommy of 3 Angels
Mott
Misha's Mum
bp


Instructions :**Start Copying Here**
Tag 5 bloggers1st - You leave their blog and post link and add to the list below.
2nd - Let the blogger know that they have been tagged by leaving comment in their blog.
1. Miche does not spare the rod.
2. Jo-N wants to be her children's best friend.
3. Trinity wants to talk and teach the children without the rod.
4. SueSue wants to guide her kids with patience and love.
5. Dancing Queen does not spare the rod.
6. NomadicMom definitely does NOT spare the rod.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah.... Thanks for this....

heh heh heh....

My Rantings said...

Thanks for doing the tag. I think we are quite similar huh? :)

NomadicMom said...

mott - so now no whacky your kiddos lah???

Dancing Queen - When have more than 1 kid, difficult to spare the rod when the fight, huh? But then sure your girls better behaved than boys!

bp said...

I like to lecture too, but trying not to have to be a nag!

I've just done the tag, and linked back to you, but decided to keep it open for whoever likes to share, instead of tagging anyone specifically!

NomadicMom said...

bp - You don't look like one who will whack..but Let me hop over to your blog to have a read...

mommy of 3 angels said...

aiya done ledi lor
http://scribblesformyangels.blogspot.com/2007/12/spare-rod-spoil-child.html

i am definitely one that never used it before!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker