Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Stereotyping??

This is to add to my previous post on mixed-couples.

Before people start throwing rotten apples or ...*urgh*..worse, stones and boulders at me; I am not stereotyping that all Asian women who marry ang-moh husbands are of questionable nature, or that they meet their hubbies at questionable places, or they speak horrendous English. If that is the case, I think my sister-G would be the first one to THROW A BIG BOULDER at me!!! She, by the way...in my opinion speaks the best English in the family.. (Okay, V...you also speak velly good Engrish lah..), and met her current angmoh boyfriend from work. So... I am by no means of stereotyping...


But the thing with majority of the women from our Northern neighbour, that do marry ang-mohs are of questionable nature and do meet their hubbies at questionable nite-spots. I am sorry to say. Having lived there for 1 1/2 years, I do see alot of them on the streets and in resorts. The thing is...these women can hardly speak English. Their English is sooooo poor that alot of times, their so-called lovers are blatantly ridiculing them in the full view of others. And yet, because of their poor command of English, they just giggled. There was once we were at a family seaside resort.... and of course we were lazing by the pool. There was this 2 couples (little asian girls with angmohs) in the middle of the pool....frolicking and almost like making out. And one of them made a derogatory joke about his gal to the other fellow. They just laughed, and the poor girl didn't understand what was being said, and just giggled. Kepoh me was just staring aje lah. H actually told me off for staring....said if I stare any second longer, they are gonna come over and whack me!....Aiya.. they were busy touching here and there, where will they notice my obvious staring lah...


Somehow..in my previous company, we have a lot of colleagues or associates with wives from our northern neighbour. I've talked about my 2 ex-American angmoh colleague. I've got another Chinese colleague, SY who also married a girl from our northern neighbour too. He met and courted his wife two years before they got married. So...you would think that these 3 ladies are the best of friends, living in the tiny East Coat town of Malaysia. But NO. SY's wife actually does not like to mix with the other two women....as SY puts it, the wife thinks these two women are not very "chiing-keng". So...not only me have this thought. Ok??? (Oh yeah... one thing I forgot to add... JB actually sent about USD 10 K to the girl's parents not long after he met her.... when he was still married to his angmoh wife. So you think the angmoh wife go ballistic or not???)


My ex-boss travels to Frankfurt very regularly, and in his time... sat in many taxis and guess what? Many of the pui-pui lau-Ah Pek taxi driver work hard 9 months of the year, and then blow their savings on a 3 month holiday in our northern neighbour. And in their time there, they get themselves a local girlfriend, splurge and live the life. So, of course the girls think this Lau Ah Pek very tapp-sui lah. I supposed it's a win-win situation for both the girl and the lau Ah Pek. He gets a sweet (errr... actually, alot of those charboh with the pui-pui lau Ah Pek ang moh all boh-sui one.....normally won't even take a second look kind. You know what I mean??) young thing who thinks he is GOD, and she gets a "good" life for the three months ...and if she is lucky, either he repeatedly sends money to her, or she gets to be the WIFE...Lucky or not I donno lah.


And speaking of stereotyping ERROR...this was my aunt a few years ago... Btw, she lives in angmoh country and daughter used to go to posh angmoh boarding school with the likes of Simon Le Bon and Russel&Bromley founder's children... So, daughter has this friend of mixed parentage. Angmoh father and mother from our northern neighbour. As usual, the first questionable thought of "mother mm-chai-si-hamm-mi lang" since from Northern neighbour wor... Errr...found out that mother has royal blood one wor....


SO. Cannot stereotype one...


But then hor... fly to our Northern neighbour. Be it in the streets of the capital or seaside resort towns... and you see.. the many many couples... then you start to wonder....... Stereotype or not???
Kekekekek

9 comments:

mommy of 3 angels said...

agrrrrreee with you leh....some how cannot escape that double standards...wat to do? see so many case liow! hehehhe

wah...G size ah? i also stare lah!

sting said...

somehow I couldn't disagree with you... I wonder if they will change after they got married with the ang mohs... eg become nagging and not so manja anymore...

Unknown said...

Yes!it's stereotypes.I can't blame them cuz those women has no choice.Filipinos also like that.They desperately want to marriy an ugly and old guai lou here.They just try their luck to have a good life.They are lack of trust within the their community
Thanks for visiting my house(blog):)

Anonymous said...

bila balik KL for CNY??

NomadicMom said...

Mommy of 3 Angels - Yes. Her G boobies are indeed very very big. Very out of proportion lor...

Sting - Some will continue to be sweet and manja. Some will change one. More about that in my next post.

Sweetiepie - Won't say that they don't have a choice. They do. They just want to have a way out of their normal life?

Misha's Mum - Not going back for CNY lah... Going to HK in march though....

Anonymous said...

HK? good good :) how come did not go back? No holidays?

Anonymous said...

I hear yer.. and sometimes hor.. i see some others.. married to ang moh land.. and the man so OLDDDDD..!! can be her grandfather.. and i can only "slap my forehead" lah..!

NomadicMom said...

Misha's Mum - I supposed can go back lah if want. Plus weekend, boys will have 4 days. But no real celebration in Malaysia also lah.. My maternal grandpa passed away few months back leh.

Mama Bok - Hi! Yeah.. some sooooo old, fat, and wear the pants hor, can see butt crack one.

Mamapumpkin said...

Hahahaha!!! You bitch!!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker