Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Nag? Scold? Lecture?

Actually I wrote a looooong post about this yesterday. But somehow lost it. Geez...So got to re-type the post... Maybe shorter now lah..

What brought on this post??
My maid lah.. Other than my kids...the maid can also make my blood boil.

I found that she "locked but did not lock" the terrace doors. Basically, she turned the lock but the lock did not "catch" and thus did not get locked. Know what I mean? Usually, I don't re-check the doors but somehow I did a final check before I went upstairs, and one of the terrace doors just slid open soooo easily. Of course I immediately called out to her lah. And guessed what? She also didn't latch the kitchen window. Gave her a scolding/tongue-lashing that led to a full-blown lecture about safety etc etc, and then as I was still going on and on...it somehow turned to nagging. Told her that she shouldn't take things for granted even if we have a security guard. Went on to tell her that some aggressive burglars might even resort to murder ...including the maids. blah blah blah.. Told her to RE-CHECK the doors and windows. But I guessed I would have to do the checking myself to be doubly-sure. I do lock my upstairs door (door upstairs that is between our sleeping quarters and downstairs living) before I go to bed.

She has also been chucking my kitchen gadgets all over the place. Things are not kept in one place. For example, my blender would be in one cabinet but the blades for the blender would be somewhere else. And when I need them, I can't find them. So it is quite irritating. Just this afternoon, I was looking for my measuring cups to make chocolate chip cookies (errr..my cookies are like 5 times the size of Famous Amos!!! My teaspoon was tooooo heaped!) and I couldn't find them. Had to look high and low. Thus, have been re-organizing my kitchen this afternoon... so she better make sure she puts all the things in the right place from now-on

There's more.. but better not make myself too "maang" (irritated?). *breathe* *breathe*

4 comments:

bp said...

Breathe, breathe, take a deep breath now!

Hope you're feeling better, and your maid will be able to do the things as they should be. If need be, ask her to lock the gate and show it to you, to check that it's done correctly. Sometimes just have to show it to them step by step, yah?

KopiSoh said...

Like bp said, breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out....dun be upset...

Sasha Tan said...

its like dat la..when u have a maid , yr blood will boil. But If u dun have one like me lagi susah..

NomadicMom said...

bp - Sigh...again today, after I came home from lunch, saw that she is doing the opposite of what I told her. How like that?

Firehorse - Not upset "dio khay" lah...

Sasha - True. True. Can't live with them, and can't live without them...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker