Thursday, January 10, 2008

Really Stoooooopid!!!

I really cannot believe how stooooooopid I was!!!!

Was organizing my photos on Tuesday night, and I don't know why I DELETED my Pictures folder.....and ALL I mean ALL my photos that was in my Macbook were GONE!!!! I screamed SOOOOOOO Loud that S1 came running in to inquire what went wrong. Think I kinda frightened him with my dramatics. He tried to console me with "it's not the end of the world"...I swear I was almost devastated!!! The worst thing was that there was a prompt to ask if I was sure that I want to delete the folder. What was I even thinking to press ENTER???? I really don't know!!!

%^&#@&^* *Tearing my hair out*

What did I do?? Search the net to find a software to try to retrieve back my deleted files lah....Had to buy UnEraser that costs me USD 39.95. What to do??? Definitely have to fork out the dosh lah.. I had to try to retrieve my photos, right???

Luckily I had my older photos on my Dell Notebook too. So what was lost were from July 2007 onwards. Managed to recover most of the photos though not all.. Better than nothing lah. Managed to recover photos from Bangkok, Port Dickson, Singapore, Paintball Party, Egyptian Day, some Xmas photos.

Lost the photos that my sis transferred (so..YM , pls burn the photos onto a CD, please....), Safari Park photos (the one that H wore S1's Bali-bought shirt), some of S1's KL birthday party shots...

Now...have to always back up my photos on CDs ASAP allllll the time!!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gasp, OMG!!!!!! I would have freaked too, kam kam i gip u hug hug. I have done a similar kind of stoopid ting lidat too, that's how i lost all my blog links, but that's nuthing compared to your precious fotos so I can imagine the horror.

Anonymous said...

aiyoh!!!!!! so teruk wan...actually i did that once too. but i was luckier cos i had two copies one in the laptop and one on the desktop... i 'ter-erased' the on in the desktop... i shouted then i clapped my hands cos i remembered i had another copy in my laptop... phew!!! but my lost camera micro card is lost forever... sobs...

Anonymous said...

ayoyoyo...this is reminder to all to burn the photos..but I'm so lazy so I just back up to another external hard disk.

Anonymous said...

cant u just right-click on ur trash can and retrieve/restore?
v

Anonymous said...

Err...even if u burn on CD..there is a chance that it might not tahan lasak leh...

Best is flickr la. But have to pay yearly subscription la.

But....still...it's not THAT ex la. Better than losing all the digital photos.

My Rantings said...

I think I can feel your pain! All the memories... Anyway, what's done is done, just be careful in future lor.

BTW, so sweet of S1 to console you that it's not the end of the world kinda thing. Sayaaaaang him...! :)

Anonymous said...

u have it on multiply!

mksy

waddafak said...

Aiyo... One word for you. B A C K U P. Ok?

winniethepooh said...

i would be screaming like mad too if i'm u..lucky still can 'unerase' some file..

NomadicMom said...

KopiSoh - Yeah.. So sad *sob* *sob* Give me more hugs!!!

Oscar's Mommy - Yeah... read about your lost camera. Can imagine! Not only all photos gone. Camera also gone. I give you hugs ((((((oscar's mommy))))))

Laundryamah - I know. I know... but you know lah. One day after another...thought sure ok. "tim patt cii"...

v - Aiya... you think I donno meh? The trash can already emptied lah..

Mott - problem with those online ones...takes ages to upload lah... Maybe I should buy an external hard disk like Laundryamah.

Dancing Queen - Yeah..Next day, I went out to buy some CDs... but I think the external hard disk one better hor?

MKSY - But multiply I only have some..cause always so lazy to upload all..

Waddafak - Yeah.. I know. I know... got to get to it soon!! *GULP* bought CDs but still not burn them yet. *Double Gulp*

Winniepooh - Would be good if can UNERASE all... *sigh* but like you said...better than nothing ler...

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

Aiyo...i would have gone beserk.

that reminds me now to backup my photos to my external HD. I only do it periodically.

My Rantings said...

I much prefer to do it on a thumb drive cos CDs tend to get scratched & whatnot.

Anonymous said...

Ei woman, I have to say, that was pretty stupid :p *evil laugh*

Buy an external hard disk drive la, about RM300 can get 50gb (I think). CDs very leceh wan la, can only store 750 Mb. Photos nowadays so big files, you'll end up with so many CDs.

Anyway, you learn not to move your fingers too fast from now on la.
--> KL

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker