Sunday, March 21, 2010

I am Without a Maid Again!!!!

Yup! My maid quit this morning!

Last night, she asked for permission to see a doctor after her chores are completed.
So when I came downstairs this morning, I asked her how she was.
And you know what?
She told me she is two months pregnant and simultaneously whipped out her pregnancy test kit and wanted to show me the positive result on the test stick. I was like "Wohhhhh. No need to show". Aiyo. The thought of her pee sticking on the stick is enough for me to go "Wohhhh". Summore want to bring it up close to my face to see??
She told me she has not had her menses for two months.... and with the pregnancy, she is tired all the time, she is nauseous blah blah blah. In short, she can't work anymore.
She Quit!

Even after she quit, she still wanted to come collect our dirty laundry for washing. Aiya...I told her to just pack her things and leave. Gave her her wages and some extras for whatever.
She is quite good as a maid...just rather slow.
Oh well...no maid now.

S1 said "maybe we are jinxed in the maid department!" ...hehehe
Anyway, boys made-up their own beds. S2 even made mine. :-)
Boys shared in the washing-up...S1 did the water bottles and cups, S2 washed up after breakfast.
Just have to share out the work load.

The only thing that I am worried is the mopping of floors. With my bad back, I don't wanna risk another episode. Told H about the maid quitting when he called just now... and he said "time to leave this country." hehehe. Also warned me not to do the floors, and he'll do it when he returns from his business trip. We'll see how things goes... either to get a part-timer or what. See how ler.

On a different note, the gardener supposed to come today also didn't turn up. All these people.....donno want to work or don't want to work. This guy is a new guy. Our regular guy also donno what happened. My driver thinks he might have passed-on. He got ill, and then very ill, and then moved back to the village. Apparently, no more news about this guy....and again, this guy was quite a good gardener...tidies up pretty well. Shucks.

5 comments:

wenn said...

oh dear!

Anonymous said...

pharmacy prozac tshirtindia pharmacies levitra

[url=http://www.bebo.com/buylevitraonline1]buy levitra online pharmacy online[/url]

Kit said...

I have been without a maid since we got back home. Tiring, messy home but I think better lor.

Pity they don't have a weekly service who can help with cleaning, laundry and other stuff. I know I miss my part-time maid!

NomadicMom said...

Wenn - You can say that again!

Wah...I'm not so desperate until I need prozac!

Kittycat - No professional cleaning service here....

wen said...

aiyoh, no maid again ah? at leat get part timer lor, for ur back sake..

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker