Sunday, September 24, 2006

I am bbbaaacccck....

Got back this morning.... H velly good. Actually followed driver to the airport to pick us up. Thought that he would be too lazy on a Sunday morning.

Overall, trip was pretty good. Although there were some "mang-chang" incidences... arrived at the aiport expecting the agent to be waiting at the arrival hall. Waited and waited. How come bo-lang one?? Called him on his mobile, and got a message that the "number is not in use". ALAMAK!!! Then called H, and he said the stupid fella called him... the mobile also salah, and he said the secretary didn't arrange for him to come pick us up so, I have to take cab to downtown. Apa-lah. I bo-lui some more. Nebermind...so trot to the nearest ATM and take money lor. Go take cab to downtown to the agent's office, then he said "one photo for each person!". Again ALAMAK!!! Thought the company all Kautim already. I just have to turn up with passport. Then, I have to bring two boys across a BIG road to the NEXT building to take instant photo. THen walk back, give passport..and just as I was about to leave..he says " You need to pay me $600 when you come collect the passport at a5 pm". I was like "huh? Isn't the company paying". He said "No. You pay me first, and then claim later.." I was like ALAMAK!!!! Got to go withdraw $600? ... But overall, was okay lah.. we did get our passports at 5 pm with the appropriate visa stickers. Just like that costs $200 per person. Cialatt...

What did I do?? Some shopping lor.. bought myself a bread maker, books (loads of books) for boys, a top for myself, 2 cheapo (but nice colours) shawls for myself and a chinesey necklace for myself.. Or yeah.. and bought a Mikimoto earring for myself. H says to go buy it. Needed a pair of pearl earrings after my existing one sort of "spoil"..not the pearl, but the stud thingy fell out and was kinda not worth it to repair. The jeweller said better to buy a new pair. So, have been hinting to H that I needed a new pair of pearl earrings, and he said "Mikimoto". I would have been contented with some "cha-pa-lak brand"... but he insisted "mikimoto or nothing". He is paying what.....so Mikimoto lah... After I bought it, texted H to tell him that I bought the earrings already, and is $620 and his remark was "so cheap? Why don't you get something more expensive?" ... I thought for a pair of pearl earrings is quite expensive liow leh.. Funny thing was not long after I left the shop, someone passed me a flyer from a jewellery shop advertising for pearl earrings at $19 per pair. Soooooo big difference in price from my Mikimoto... Even at Mikimoto also got different range. Got freshwater lah, got deep sea lah, got those grow in an oyster lah or grow in a mussel lah. Was looking at the deep sea one lah, grow in OYSTER one.. (hee hee hee) looking at 7 mm vs 7.5 mm. Price very big difference leh $620 vs $1100 wor.. and you can't really see the size difference when you wear it. Only see difference when they are put side by side. So, of course knowing me...get the smaller one lah. Actually did look at a bigger one...think was 8.5 mm. Deep sea grow in oyster is $2600 and in mussel is about $1200. Was quite tempted to go for the Mussel one... but the lady like put a funny face "Grow in mussel " and it did looked kinda big on my ear, like fake one. Plus I not that old to wear big pearls yet lah... Actually, who would know whether I wear Mikimoto or "cha-pa-lak" brand leh???? Only I know and the few people lor...

No comments:

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker