Thursday, September 14, 2006

Still fumbling...

Still very very new... font doesn't seem to have changed at all... Aiya.. f@#k it lah.

Title is still very applicable. Am still fumbling in my new surroundings.. Let's see..we've been in this "new" country for about 3 weeks now, which I shall call it "Country X". Boys are in school and I am home alone with 4 of the hired help... For those whom I've updated.. that's 2 maids, 1 security guard and 1 driver...

Mmm....why the name NOMADIC MOM, you ask??? I've not moved like a nomad until I became a mom.... So far, we have moved 4 times in less than 8 years. Thankfully, all the move have been in ASIA. I dread the time when I have to move to angmoh countries... WHy dread? Aiyo...NO HIRED HELP!!!! Cialatt then... The cooking, cleaning, laundry, homework etc etc... The thought is kinda scary!!!

Things are still pretty messed up. My furniture and stuff was just delivered on Monday, the 11th.. (oh yeah.. how do I change the dates and time from AMERIKA time zone to a local time zone? Can someone enlighten this dumbo, please???) So have been sorting out stuff the last two days. Have been sleeping on the floor prior to the delivery of our stuff. Hubby complained that he "yu kuat thong" already... Anyway, just managed to sort out our broadband connection yesterday... so VOILA!!! I am now connected!!! Decided to "ponteng" from sorting out my stuff today, and just sit and surf the net... and that's why I am now here tapping on my keyboard.... My sister caught me online and was surprised that I was so "takk hann"... Aiya.. have to sit here and wait for a sofa to be delivered... One thing that we said to ourselves before we moved to this house (we moved from a smaller place to one that is bigger) was that we were NOT going to fill-in those empty spots with more furniture, so that we will not have problems with INADEQUATE SPACE in our allocated 20' container... And guess what? We are here only 3 weeks.. and I've bought a Navy Blue 3-Seater for the Upstairs Living which was delivered 2 weeks ago...and I've just added a Red 2-seater sofa to hubby's "Chinese Room". My sis says it's sooooooo hoity-toity. He he he... IT's basically hubby's TV room that's filled with Chinesy furniture lah.

Think I won't be able to keep to the "No buying more furniture" rule lah. The downstairs Living is kinda empty with only one set of sofa (3+2+1) ... may have to add some stuff. No lah.. Not sofa... but maybe something smaller... don't know yet. We'll see.

Have been sitting here since I put the boys on the bus..that was like 6 hours ago. Aiyo...No wonder my butt kinda hurts.. Think I better get off and walk about a little bit. Lest my butt becomes kinda flat... Can't exactly have a DOMESTIC GODDESS with NO BUTT... Ha ha ha... Later...

No comments:

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker