Thursday, September 28, 2006

Looooong Update

Maids...
Monday was my birthday... so of course not gonna cook lah. Planned to go out and have dinner lah.... Then guess what happened? Maid open fridge so many times also don't realise that the fridge was not turned on, and the stuff were not cold.. The plug somehow got loose lah...and EVERYTHING got defrosted. And I have just stuffed the freezer with new packs of nuggets, fish fingers, sausages, seafood and meat... What to do??? Have to cook those things immediately lah. Made soup, prawns, fish and meat balls lor. Gave all the defrosted nuggets and fish fingers to the maids to cook. Skali they think "wah...accidently defrost fridge, got so much goodies. Must do this more often". I told the maid "never want this to happen again"...

And, when we were having dinner, Maid-A was nowhere to be seen. H asked how come he never see Maid-A...like she is kinda lazy. He said that when she saw him, like quickly pretend to be sweeping floor. So... middle of our meal...still no sign of Maid-A. And H was like going to scoop soup for himself lah..then scoop rice lah.. (Maid-Y was cutting fruits and making juice..) and he was starting to get mad. He actually went to see what she was doing. Well, watching TV lor.. H was very very mad. All sorts lah..want to fire her lah. No tv till after 9 lah...etc etc. Anyway, of course I have to have a talk with the maids lah.

Tuesday...we had BBQ at home... when we finished dinner, of course left the two maids to clean up lah. Then so happens I came downstairs and saw that ALL the lights and fans were still on. Terrace lights on and terrace door still openned and not locked, BUT the maids have left the main house and locked the kitchen door... Of course I screamed for them to come and look lah.. This is WHAT I don't like. Simply simply quicky do work so can go watch tv. Like that, we gonna take tv away. Told them if I need to check everything that they do, I might as well do myself. No need to have live-in maid. Of course, they as usual...say YES. YES lor.. what else is new???

Aqua Man...
In my previous post, mentioned that Maid-Y gave a big chunk of tips to the Aqua man.. Well, this week..as usual..ordered 4 bottles of Aqua la. So, gave maid 50 and specifically told her to round up to 40 (actual cost is 38) and take back the change of 10. You know what?? the stupid Aqua Man told maid that he did not have the 10...expecting the tip. Wah... tell you???!!?? I was very very mad. Like that "EXPECT" kind leh. Like it's a GIVEN. Told Maid-Y "ask him to go and find change. And now, I want my change of 12 instead of 10. If he cannot get the change, ask him to take back the four bottles of Aqua. I don't want it". Really really beh-tahan.

Carved Stones..
Went to scout for carved stones on Tuesday with a new friend.. Was quite fun lah. Bought a carved stone garden lamp (RM 120) and ten carved stone tiles of 10 cm x 10 cm each(RM 40 for ten). Will take a photo soon... when I am up to it. :-) Wa... I quite lann-kaii tai wong ... Left house at about 8.30 am. Sent H to the office, then took the car to pick friend up. SUpposed to pick her at 9.30 am..but traffic was sooooo good that I actually reached her place at 9 am. So, had a cup of coffee there, chit-chat abit, then went to look at those carved stone stalls (lining up the side of the road one)...then had lunch...drop her back, pick H up (he left work early)..went to buy some DVDs, then to supermarket..by the time I got home, was already almost 5.10 pm. Cialatt....

Coffee Morning...
Boys' School PTA had a Coffee Morning for Newcomer's on Wednesday... so I went and kepoh lor. Have to say the hostess house very very big and terror. Told H about it, and he said "you also can have what... big big roman pillars INSIDE the house"...Aaannnywaay.. met some other Malaysian ladies there...exchange numbers lor..

Mandarin Class for Boys..
Boys started on their Mandarin class today... had a little tiff with H about it. I don't know is it because I am overly sensitive or what.. Anyway, enrolled them today in a center lah, and it's quite pricey lah.. About RM 1200 per child for 3 months, for 2 x a week at 1 1/2 hours each time. I recalled that we pay that amount for 3x a week at skylace, right? And H always said that over here is 30 - 50% more expensive than Malaysia. So, when I calculated...it's okay what. Plus they could squeeze the two boys into their classes (different class lah) in the days where S1 does not have after-school activities (which is Monday and Thursday. He has St.John's Ambulance on Tuesdays, Basketball on Wed and Badminton on Fridays). Anyway, H asked me how come I enrolled them even if I thought it was expensive... why we have to pay more than other people? Why maids also pay more than other people. And I sort of got a little bit cheesed off. I sound like I am defending my decision, but I thought the location was okay, not too far....(local standards lah..), and the start time of 4.30 pm is just right for the boys to come home at 3.20 pm, have a shower, a snack and then to the center. Also, didn't want to have private tuition at home because I wanted boys to be able to interact with other kids in Mandarin. Worked out that each session of 1 1/2 hr is about RM 47.. My Yoga also costs around that amount already lah... I compare like that..somehow makes the cost justifiable what.. Anyway, was pretty upset... and of course the usual crying on my side lah... AAANNYWAAAY...bottom line is, boys started in the center lah. S2 was very enthusiastic... as apparently there were two schoolmates in this chinese class. I don't know if the levels are correct, but they put them with children of same ages. The center uses SIngapore books, and the woman asked S1 to start with Primary 2B books whereas S2 is using Primary 1A. S1 seems to be doing easy stuff and S2 seems to be doing harder stuff...thought should be the other way round... Anyway, too leceh to go home after dropping the boys at the center..so went for a massage.. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

waliau try to do ur posts regularly one topic by one topic ok..read until eyes pain leow!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker