Monday, December 17, 2007

All Packed...

Bags packed.
Passports, Tickets - Checked
Done the Online Check-In.

Wait. Wait... till 3.30 pm to leave the house to the airport to catch our 7 PM flight. Was thinking of leaving at 4 pm but driver is afraid that there might be a jam. Or perhaps the earlier he sends us off, the earlier he can get off!!! Gave him the day off tomorrow, as H only gets back from the US on Wednesday. Yeah...I did say Germany in my earlier post, but he flew to the States from Achtung-Land.

So...while waiting... I blog abit lah..

Started off Sunday (yesterday) quite early. Okay...it is early for me lah! Took boys to a place called Pancious for pancakes with ice-cream. Yup! Yup! Early morning have ice-cream!! hehehe.. I couldn't find my friend's book that I had borrowed earlier. So told the boys that whoever finds it, gets to have ice-cream with their pancakes... And both of them found it! So, have to keep my word lah. Had the book (titled Siblings Without Rivalry) in the car with us, and S1 started looking at some of the cartoons in there.
I said "Don't you think the parent in the book is like me??".
And then he commented "this isn't how you talk to us. You wouldn't say 'boy. You look upset with your brother. I am sure he had said something that upset you'...".
"The book is advising that is how us parents should talk to the kids", I replied, and then proceeded to emulate the book with the nicest, calmest voice that I can muster.
S1 then said "No. No. That doesn't suit your personality! That's not you mom. You are freaking me out! Stop it! Stop it!".
"Then how do you want me to be when you guys fight? Scream?"
"Yes. Yes. Please continue to scream at us!" was S1's reply!
Basically, my son has given me the GREEN light to continue screaming at him!!! Hahahha

After pancakes, we proceeded to Carrefour to buy Laundryamah's maid uniform. I bought a GREEN coloured one. For the long pant's version, the BLUES and WHITES were all XL. There were absolutely NO MEDIUMs for any colour. So, I bought SMALL but they still look okay for a normal-sized maid lah. I figured you didn't want PINK, so I bought the GREEN one. Laundryamah - You owe me RM 36/-. Yeah...think price increased a bit from the last time...and IT is more expensive than the expat supermarket lah...

Then we were off to Seibu to buy EL's CK bag. Well, guessed some other ladies fancied the bag too. FINITO liow... So, didn't buy her bag. But wandered around this new mall, which is only half opened. Walked over to the East Wing. Discovered that Harvey Nichols is gonna be the anchor tenant in the East Wing. *Reminiscing* Used to lurve to go to Harvey Nichols in London during the sales.... When I told H about it, he was pretty excited that they are opening a store here too!

After that hopped over to another mall to have a look-see...as my friends said that they've just renovated. Went to kepoh lah. Popped into Debenhams to buy H's Xmas pressie, plus to the Food Hall to buy ingredients to make Loh Mai Kai. Had to freeze them to feed my H while we are gone. Also given maid off 4 days per week...Yes. She only needs to come in 3 times a week to sweep, mop and do H's laundry while we are gone.

Went home, rested and then made the Loh Mai Kai...then we were out again. This time to TIME ZONE.
Why?
Because the last time mom was here, she indulged the boys with trips to TIME ZONE, and consequently they have amassed a total of 1289 TIME ZONE tickets!!!
We had to redeem them already, as the expiry date is 31st December 2007.
Certainly H is not going to redeem them while we are gone.
What did the 1289 tickets get us?
  • 2 x Small Packets of Fruit Juice
  • 1 x Soft Toy (Stitch from Lilo & Stitch)
  • 10 x Cans of Soft Drinks
  • 5 x Lousy Mechanical Pencil
  • 3 x Sweets

Okay....got to go have lunch now... See you soon!!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really a fruitful day!
About your previous post, the Gucci so cheap there??

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, flying off today and you still have time to blog? Hahahaha......

Have a great, great holiday and a wonderful Christmas!

sting said...

hahaha... like the way yr kid said you were freaking him out there and gave you the green light to scream at them!!! there's no pretending with kids!! :-)

NomadicMom said...

huisia - Donno about whether gucci cheap or not. Didn't dare go in!!

Grandmother Stories - Kill time ma... And thanks.

Sting - Yup! He said that it doesn't suit my PERSONALITY!

stay-at-home mum said...

Enjoy your hols!!

bp said...

Enjoy yourselves, and come back with more stories and pictures to share with us! Happy holidays, and Merry Christmas!

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - The best enjoyment is NOT having to worry about what to cook for breakfast/lunch and dinner!!

bp - Thanks. Will try to post some pix. Been lazing until camera also never take out!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker