Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Of Dreams and Such...

Every kid has a dream of some sort...

I must be one of the most horrible mom in the world. My constant stance on REALITY may be a little too harsh for my kids???

Well...you see... yesterday (Tuesday) as the boys were getting dressed for school, S2 mentioned that next term, he'll want to choose something other than Tae-Kwon-do as his Wednesday after-school activity. He remarked "my soccer is very bad. I want to improve so that I can play for Manchester (United)". And immediately I answered "Aiya.... even if you play very well also you won't be able to play for Manchester United lah!!!". S1 then interjected with "Mommy! Why you spoil people's dream like that one???"....Oooooops!! Is that a case of my ME & MY BIG MOUTH??

Same thing with S1....says he wants to be a spy with CIA... Well, in reality, he will never be able to work for the CIA. So, it's my job to tell him that, right??? Anyway, he has asked me to check out schools/camps for spy-training.
And search I did!

There are quite a few actually, but most are in the US, with one in NSW, Australia. UK has one that is only 3 hours long, which would not be shiok enough. The one is Australia operates during their summer which the recent schedule shows to be towards end-January 2008. This one, timing is not right for S1 as school starts on the 7th of January. Guessed we'll have to rely on the ones in the States. H said that we can bank S1 into the camp, tour for that one week and then come pick him up. So...perhaps we'll plan for this next Summer. As for S2, either he'll tag along with us, or we'll bank him into a different camp. The spy-camp unfortunately is for kids about 10 years old...so S2 does not qualify....

No comments:

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker