Monday, May 11, 2009

No Market...

What do I mean?
No market for my stuff at the Trash and Treasure Sale.
Why? 
Not that my stuff sucks so badly. 
It's because the buyers were mainly the school's staff and drivers. Not that many parents. I would say 90% of the buyers were the school's staff. 
They were only interested if the items were priced waaaaaaay down low. 
Also, quite alot of the items that I brought there for sale are items that they (the staff) would never ever need. Things like -
- English Language Books (I only sold 2 paperbacks and 1 recipe book)
- CDs (7 CDs at less than USD 1/- each!!!)
- H's Ties (only sold 1 tie to a little girl)

Other things we sold:
- 9 DVDs (bootleg ones at less than 20 cents each)
- A pair of M&Ms dispenser at USD 2/-
- 75% of my Old Monet/Anne Klein/Dorlan costume jewellery
- An Esprit Canvas Bag at less than USD 3/-
- 6 Thai Silk Bags
- 2 Cosmetic Bags
- 2 Men's Belts (less than USD 4/- for both!)
- Some of my old blouses. All at USD 1/- each (when I was plastic-wrapping my blouses/shirts, H saw one of my bright yellow blouse with BIG RED sequined flowers. And he was like "Aiyo. Tolong! That one can throw already. I'm sure no one wants to buy that". Guess what? This blouse was the first to go. Hahahahah...)

All and all. Sold about USD 105/- worth of stuff. Most of this $$ came from my old costume jewellery. So...still have alot of UNSOLD items. 
Did so much work (read here)... and end up having to put them all back to their original storage spaces when we got home!!

Next time. I should either just donate to the charity shops or just hold a Garage Sale when I am leaving the country for good... 

6 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Awww, thats becoz the "wrong" type were at th trash and treasure sale.Your things are for a different market.

Mamapumpkin said...

Not bad what....still can buy dinner, hehe....

LHS said...

haha, then better donate la :)

wen said...

eh, kaya raya oredi hor.. hihi..

mott said...

wekekeekekk..ya...give the salvos...

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - Yeah lor. I didn't know maaa...

Big Pumpkin - Okay lah. Sure can buy dinner. Mmm..where did we go? Oh yah. We went to Duck King for lunch...

Huisia - Yeah lor..

Wen - ONI 100 usd lah...

Mott - Problem is Salvation Army is outside of town wor...so go to give to other charities

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker