Sunday, May 31, 2009

Maid is Gone.

No. Not run away. Just Quit.
Went off last night for her "off-day" and then came back tonight and told me that she quit.

I'm actually surprised that she lasted till now, i.e. 5 1/2 months. She has been getting regular scoldings from me. Regular as-in almost EVERYDAY. First week, she was like mega efficient. Then the next few weeks, she seemed okay. But the more I am in contact with her, the more faults I find. One time, I actually asked her to GO but then she started crying and kneeling. Aduh... so I kept her, and I kept getting very 'mang-chang' (irritated) with her almost everyday. If I spend more than 5 minutes in the kitchen, H and the boys would be very scared. They have this idea that I would be screaming at the maid. :-) Read here and here about how my maid made me mad before...

This maid.... or I should say ex-maid.. her mouth must open one. Don't open cannot.
Last Friday, I told her to cut the namecards that I printed. On my way out, she told me she can't do it sitting down. She has to stand up. Aduh! Do I need to know that? I give you a task to do. Regardless you stand, sit, squat or run. I don't care lah. Just do, right?

Alot of times, she is like blur. Cleaning and regular stuff...she is pretty good. Remember to change sheets, clean the boys shoes, take out the floor mats, sweeping, mopping. All okay. But if things that need a little bit more of instructions, she is kelam-kabut.

Few incidents:
- The other day, she asked if the boys want Milo. S2 said he wanted milk. Then she repeated "no milo? milk only?", proceeded into the kitchen and made Milo!
- Another time, she said "Use chicken? Not pork?" And then proceeded to cook the noodles with neither pork nor chicken.

Anyways, I'm glad that she did ALL the washing up after my BIG baking session yesterday. But she didn't clean the floor properly though, and I commented to H about it. And again he said "Just change lah. Everyday complain about the maid!". Since she left on her own accord. Good also lah. Save me the dilemma of deciding to keep her or not.

Actually, S1 just commented that he was telling his friend at school that he would be surprised if the maid lasted another week! So can you imagine how bad it was? hahahah

No. I'm not worried about not having a maid. Just a bit more elbow grease on my part and everybody elses in the house....which can be a positive thing if you look it in a different angle. Boys here are so spoilt. The maid packs their PE Kit, takes out their lunch boxes, pick-up their dirty laundry that they just throw all over rather than into the basket etc etc. So with NO maid, the boys will have to be a little more responsible. They really need to do some work...otherwise really really too spoilt and be too "useless". Don't you think?

I won't be looking for a maid until I come back from the summer holidays.... Can't exactly get a new maid now, and she works for a month and then have almost a month off right? Maybe get a part-timer to come twice a week to do the heavy mopping, sweep the garden. I think toilets I wanna wash myself. As for laundry, probably send to those laundry-by-the-kilo places...

Will see how everything works out. By the way, I did wish my ex-maid well and for her to find a more suitable employer. I do mean it.

Oh yeah.Gotten rid of my gardener about 3 weeks back. Just couldn't take his ABSENTISM anymore. So got a guy to come in twice a month now. He came yesterday, and he did do quite a good job.... maybe because I pay at the end of every job done.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you didn't mention that your maid quit. my new one just got here yesterday. we'll have to wait and see how she is.

but i agree with you that the boys need to do some work themselves. when i didn't have a maid, B enjoyed helping out - mop the floor, keep the clothes, peel the beans, etc.

D

stay-at-home mum said...

Maybe its a blessing in disguise.

I am waiting for one of mineto say she quit. Dont know how she can tahan my MIL scolding her everyday. Even I cannot take it. No heart to tell her to go, so hoping she'll do like yours!

mott said...

agree abt the bit where boys need some responsibilities. If not, their future wives will curse u..

*runs far far away*

LZmommy said...

That's what I noticed too about maid. The kids tend to rely on the maid to do everything and I am so worried my kids will depend on her so much. Hence I make my kids unpack/stow their things after coming home.

I'm sure you will cope well without her around :)

NomadicMom said...

D - That's because when i was chatting with you, she hasn't come back from her "off-day", thus have not informed that she wanted quit.

SAHM - Yeah. Some are really soooo bad that you can just tell them to go. But some are like half-half then it's a bit difficult...

Mott - You mean not their future wives "fook see" them? hahahahahha

LZMommy - Yeah. Kids need to do some things for themselves. Rely too much on maid.

Anonymous said...

wah ur maid is considered very good lor...wait till u kena mine..i think u wud hv kicked her back after 2 days!

NomadicMom said...

Laundryamah - Aiyo... I cannot tahan lah. If simple things also cannot do properly...

wen said...

all maids also very hak yan jang one!!

Unknown said...

AH PA said:

Don't always scold the maid lah!!!
After she give you some shit to eat
then you know!!!!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker