Thursday, March 19, 2009

Really 'Kik Sei Ngor' - Corrected


WEI-oooooo???!??!?!
Donno what happened. 
Donno how come the looooooooong post that I furiously typed-out didn't get published. 
Why-ah??
So, have to re-type again....the next day (20th March lah!)

Aiya. Who 'kik sei ngor'?
MAID lah!!!

At least now I'm much calmer. 
But I really went ballistic yesterday with the MAID
You see. I have INSIDE, KITCHEN and OUTSIDE mops.
Not only I colour-code my mops, I actually label them. 
And when she came to work for me, I did explain very clearly that I want the proper mops used and not mixed-up.
So can you imagine my fury when she used the OUTSIDE mops for the boys' rooms and my KITCHEN mop for outside areas????

Her response was that she prefer these mops than my INSIDE mop (which is a magic mop) and that she has washed them before using in different areas.
I was so angry. 
I said "If I wash the toilet bowl very very well. Use disinfectant and all, then pour a whole big bottle of drinking water (4 gallons!!) into the toilet bowl, scoop out in a cup for you to drink. Would you drink??"
She said NO.
I said "Clean what. Why don't drink??"
I mean what's the point of me having soooooo many mops if I think if washing is enough? I would just have one blardy mop and just ask her to wash, right??
I tell you...I screamed so loud that I'm sure my driver/gardener/guard thought that I've gone GILA.
I told her  "One more time I see you do this, you are fired. I don't want to have this conversation again. "

And then in the evening, I asked her to cut the carrots - big size but thin; and the onions in circles. She went and shred the carrots soooo finely and the onions too. She was almost finished, then asked me if that was correct. And had the cheek to say "sample of how it should be cut". This was when she already FINISHED cutting all the onions and 80% of the carrots. 
Again, I went ballistic lah. If sample, it would be a small portion cut. Not the whole blardy onion and 80% of the carrots!
I asked "Is it you don't want to work here anymore? You can leave you know?? Otherwise, why are you deliberately not following instructions??? ".
Of course she answered that she wants the job lah... 
But donno whether she phui (spit) some saliva into our food or not lah. 
haahhahahaha

And just now? I asked her to cut 2 oranges and 1 apple. 
What did she do?
Cut 1 orange and 2 apples.
I didn't scold her...but H did call her out and told her that she made a mistake again.
Always not listening etc etc.... and she should LISTEN!

On the same note of maids... my old maid, Y called me up the other day to request for a Letter of Recommendation. As I had a friend looking for maid, I asked if she's interested and she said yes. But when my friend called her up, Y was like tiu-kou-lei-mai... saying that she's not really looking for work, but even if she is, she won't live-in. The moment my friend heard that she won't live-in, also lost interest liow. I tell you ah... these maids. Donno what they think. I supposed she thought that just because she had worked 2+ years for an expat (me lah), she can demand her terms. She mm-chai-see or mm-chee-sei (don't know die) that it would be more difficult to find a job on her own with her non-existent English. Plus with my friend, she could at least get back the same salary as when she was working for me. 
Me take her back? No lah. If she don't want to  live-in, I also donwan.
Plus if I fire my current maid and take her back, surely she think she sooooo great, and give me problem. 
NO WAY, JOSE!!!!



14 comments:

Jonzz said...

LOL, who kik sei lei?

sting said...

eh... and I thought got password protected! :-) hope u r not being "kik sei" anymore!

I am Princess Misha's Mum said...

haahhahaha .. who kek sei nei???

NomadicMom said...

oooi???? How come my post didn't get published one?????

Jonzz - Aiya. Maid lah. Who else?

Sting - "tergendala" lah.
Calm down liow...

Misha's Mum - Maid lor...

Bee Bee said...

Aiyoo becareful la they really will add 'lioa' into the food, my mother maid did that, and my mum suspected the drinking water got urine cos it got lots of bubbles and send to lab for test, the guy said " Aunty , dont waste your money la, this water confirm got problem and lots of maid did that! aiyoo .....u just have to close one eye loh ...

Health Freak Mommy said...

Your maid sounds so much like my maid. I truly understand how you felt, really kek sei ngor, so ballistic you almost wanted to slap her right? Aiyah, don't know why these maids of the same species are sooo darn stubborn.

Anonymous said...

Actually not having a live-in maid better wat. You don't have to give up one room for her plus no need to see her 'sui yeong' 24/7.

NomadicMom said...

Bee - Some things I can close ONE or even BOTH eyes. But certain things I just cannot keep quiet lah.
How like that?

HealthFreakMommy - Maybe not stubborn. Just THICK in the head!

HijackQueen - Aiya...but part-time maid normally comes after my boys leave for school. I don't want to wake up early to prepare breakfast and lunch boxes lah. Besides, my maid's room is outside of the main house, so not really giving up one room lah. So don't really see her 24/7...

Anonymous said...

OMG! this i cannot close one eye coz i have two mops too. 1 for kitchen, and the other for living room and bedrooms.
calm down, i understand how u feel...

Linda said...

maid maid. without them also chi cham (suffered), with them around also chi cham.. haha. Better be carefull not scream to much. Indonesian maids sort sort one. I believe you already heard of the incident in Medan when maid burn 2 tenaage kids to death. Now everyone there scared of maids and maids think they rule the world.
This is the first time I really read into your blog. Very enjoyable. I assumed you are a Chinese Malaysian living in Jakarta?

stay-at-home mum said...

I also have different mops for different areas of the house, and I also have maids that use the outside mops for the inside of the house!! I also kena kik sei by them!! I know how you feel!!
Sometimes, jsut change la! We jsut did, after soooooo long, and so far these new two - shows some promise. But who knows, still early days!!

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - Yeah. Very kik sei when you tell them already and they still don't listen! Hopefully, she'll learn after my recent OUTBURSTS!!!

NomadicMom said...

Linda - Eh. I didn't hear about the maid in Medan burning down the 2 teenage kids leh. But I did read about the maid killing an elderly lady in Singapore. Oh. According to my friend, she said as long as the Indonesian maids get to go out and have sex :-), they won't go "sott". Hahahh.
Yes. Malaysian Chinese living in Jakarta....

NomadicMom said...

wen - Yeah. this one cannot close one eye lah.. I mean if some parts not clean, then you can close eye, and just ask her to do it again. But this one...blatantly MIX up my mops, I beh-tahan!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker