Monday, March 02, 2009

S2's 9th Birthday Party

S2's 9th Birthday Party was held on Sunday, 1st March 2009.

(Yes. Yes. A week later because mommy and daddy was half a world away. :-P)

This year's party theme was "At the Movies".

Didn't want to have the party at my house (recall BLUE icing on my cream-coloured sofa??)... so went around looking for a venue. S2 initially wanted to have a futsal party but advised against it since he's not exactly a footballer. Convinced him to have a movie-theme instead as I managed to book a mini-Cinema at one of the serviced apartments near to my place.

Here are some photos....


View of the Cinema Room
(Grandma and the boys in the background)
Cinema Room - Screen Side
(Boys wrestling before guests arrive)


I had arranged for the kids to have their tea-time snacks prior to the movie ....also because most guests do not come on time.


Buffet Spread for the Kids














After the snacks (which the kids did not really eat! Hrmffff!!!), it was time for the movie.
What movie did they watch?
THE MUMMY ... I thought this to be a good movie for the kids as it has adventure, suspense, horror, humour and action.
Got some popcorn popped in the microwave too... H actually wanted to bring our own microwave oven. But lucky I smart! Called the place and requested for one.
Half way through the movie, you get some scared kids running out ....heheheheh and then in again. Out and in again.
After the movie ended, it was cake-blowing time....
S2's Movie Reel Cake
And then, it was time for the PINATA!!!
PopCorn Pinata
S2 having the FIRST GO


You should see the scuffling over the sweets!!! Waliow! Really like a BIG GANG WAR! Hahahahha
When I told H that I was getting a pinata, he said "What for? They are so big already". But BOY! The kids were really excited when it was time to hit the pinata. Big kids. Small kids. When it comes to sweets. They are still kids!
As usual, halfway through the pinata-hitting session, my S2 started to whine and cry about people hurting his leg and he won't get any sweets blah blah blah. And H came to his rescue. He actually dipped his hands into the pinata's crack to scoop out some sweets for him.
I was like....THIS IS DEJAVU!!!!
Every party, my S2 sure must be like that one. :-P
After the sweets were all collected, cake eaten, goodie-bags given away, some boys were still NOT on their way home. Instead they remained in the room wrestling and whacking each other. Anyway, I was pretty glad that the party ended and I don't have to be the one cleaning up...
Look at the mess!

There was popcorn, french fries, spilled drinks and what-nots all over the room!! When I saw the cleaners, I quickly slip them some tips...hopefully, they won't be cursing us!!
Went home tired, laden with loads of leftovers and a very throbbing headache!!!
No more parties. I told the boys. Maybe just have 3 friends over in future......

12 comments:

Jonzz said...

I always thought pinatas were in the shape of bowling pins. ROFL!

Anonymous said...

Good idea to have the party elsewhere than your home! Wah seh, the kids really had fun.

I am Princess Misha's Mum said...

hahaha .. lucky you .. tak payah clean up :)

Misha's bday coming soon .. but .. but told her NOT going to have a party hahaha :) Me terrible Mum!

stay-at-home mum said...

I am sure the BAD mum has been forgiven by S2!! What a blast of a party. lucky it wasnt at home!!

Anonymous said...

actually hor they r getting too old for parties...i told myself no more for Kieran oso..see if I can tahan or not..

Anonymous said...

wow, cinema theme! great idea for kids around ur son's age. but i see the floor very lui sui hor. hehe
happy birthday to S2!

NomadicMom said...

Jonzz - No lah. Traditional pinatas are in the shape of a DONKEY.

ShoppingMum - Yeah. Running FREE and WILD wor... I just had a mom called to say thank-you. Her son said that "it was the best party ever". HHahahahha

Misha's Mum - Think pengsan if have to clean up.
Eh...for girls, it'll be nice to have a PINK PARTY. Everything PINK. Girls wear PINK. Have PINK Cake. PINK drinks. PINK table cloth, cutlery and plate. PINK Flowers. And then they can make PINK jewellery. Waa...so fun lah.

SAHM - I don't think he was upset that we went to London for his birthday. He actually wanted US to go...cause he was keen to have his dad's Krisflyer card renewed!

Laundryamah - Say old...but I tell you, the kids really enjoyed the rough and tumble and the pinata....YES. EVEN the 11 year olds.

Wen - The floor very cialatt. And the carpets too....

slavemom said...

*looking at the mess* That's a great party!

allthingspurple said...

What a great idea to hold the party elsewhere so you don't have to clean up. Look at the mess !! Haha! Happy Belated Birthday, S2 !!

Yea,kids dont really eat much at parties, do they? Food are more ornamental than anything else *grin*

love the movie reel cake ! So apt !

Irene said...

this is really FUN, the cake looks great & thank goodness u don't have to clean up! wahahaha! :)

NomadicMom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NomadicMom said...

Slavemom - Kids did enjoy the party...but me had a big headache after. I think my kepala sure pecah if I had to clean up!

AllThingsPurple - Yeah. All the food almost wasted. I gave away to my maid and guards....so not so wasted lor.
Re the cake...got it from a home-based bakery...they do quite alot of sugar-paste types

Irene - Thank goodness I don't have to clean up. Otherwise sure PENGSAN.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker