Thursday, March 12, 2009

I am Still Sick...

Even after six days of antibiotics, my cough seems to have gotten worse than last Friday....Been coughing for 2 weeks now. H came home early to go to the doctors with me today. He said my cough is definitely not a normal one. I sounded like I was choking...especially in the middle of the night. Decided to have my blood tested for mycoplasma too. As our usual clinic takes too long (S2's results still not back yet...and he had his test on 2nd of March), went to a different clinic. Took my medication that was previously prescribed to show the docs what I am currently on. Though the medication is correctly prescribed, it's clearly not working against the bugs that are in me. According to the doc, I should feel better after 2-3 days and NOT get worse. So a stronger antibiotics is prescribed plus some other meds to ease my coughing. A sample of blood was taken (seems like a lot!!!) for the lab test. Results will be out next Wednesday (would be faster if not for the weekend). 
Just like that, the bill came to USD 200/-. Crazy!
(My usual clinic would also cost the same too... S2's last visit was also USD 200/-. GILA. GILA. GILA)

H actually said to bring S2 for another test. I said NO. Aiyo...he's getting better already, and still awaiting the results. What for go for another poke to withdraw more blood samples? 
Also this clinic has no arrangement with our insurance provider, thus it's out-of-pocket if he does this test again at this other clinic.
Checked with this doctor on S2's current meds. And she said that it's what that is usually prescribed for children, and it IS used for mycoplasma
It's now wait and see....

9 comments:

Bee Bee said...

Me so happy when you reply to my comment ...am I dreaming?? hehe ng sai kien , I am not a sioa fan la , jus tat I like to read ur blog as you mix with ur kantonese is really funny! Take care! ur cough sound serious! drink warm water la! dont take citrus fruits!

Jonzz said...

Oh, so sad to hear about your sickness. Hope you get well soon!

laundryamah said...

ayooo kesian...take care ya

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're sick! I can imagine how lousy you're feeling now...

Hope you'll get well soon and that it's just a nasty cough :)

LHS said...

cough is so hard to be cured, i had bad cough last month, seemed pretty normal at daytime but i coughed badly at night. really can understand your lousy feeling..

usd200? OMG..really expensive!!

get well soon!

Anonymous said...

eh it could be pneumonia u know... my colleague at work had it too.... maybe it'sbeen happening m ore often than not?

v

sting said...

hope your guys get well real soon ya... it does seem that viruses these days are stronger... try drinking honey with lime and... not sure if this helps you but it did for hubby... rub some vicks on the sole of your feet and then wear socks before going to sleep... hubby said it reduces coughing at night... take care

stay-at-home mum said...

get well soon. Next time if cannot wait, hor, just fly to singapore for the test la! Then can kill many birds with one stone - can go shopping, jalan jalan, visit friends, makan makan and of course earn frequent flyer points!!

NomadicMom said...

bee - ya lah. Don't scare me like that!!
Hehehehe...
Yes. Have been drinking warm/hot water and NO fruits...

Jonzz - I hope so too....but think will be awhile for this cough to totally be gone..

Laundryamah - Ya ya. So kesian

KittyCat - I hope so too. Thanks.

Huisia - Cough comes in waves, and when I do cough, it'll be like a spasm and continuous for awhile..

v- Doc said my chest is quite clear...will see how I am in the next couple of days. Already on antibiotics.

Sting -Heard about the vicks remedy. Unfortunately, just ran out of Vicks.

SAHM - Fly to singapore...must first write to insurance company to ask if they gonna cover flights or not first. Skali they don't cover, then very ex leh...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker