Tuesday, March 24, 2009

London Trip - Part 3

Part 1

Sunday, 22nd February 2009

This is S2's Actual Birthday... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, S2!!! 

This day is a day spent soaking up some history at the British Museum and drinking ourselves silly!!! (celebrating S2's birthday maaa...) hahahaha...

Supposed to meet G at the British Museum at 10 am...but she said she couldn't wake up that early. We were sort of dilly-dallying in the morning and only reached the British Museum at 11 am. H saw a Hot-Dog cart outside and decided to wolf down a hot-dog first.

There was an exhibition on Babylon and H was really keen to see it. Didn't realise that we had to purchase tickets at specific time slots. As the time was neither here nor there, we purchased slots for the late afternoon. We only spent an hour in the museum in the Assyrian section. H is a historical buff...His interests are in the Myceneans, Greeks, Assyrians etc etc.  
So as we were going through this section, I had a narration from this fellow lah...

Assyrian Wall Panels 

Also visited the Ancient Egypt Sections...

Then we decided to meet G in ChinaTown for lunch. After lunch, we spent like almost 3 hours at Bar One at Leicester Square DRINKING! DRINK and TALK....until it was almost time for our entry into the Babylon Exhibit.

G didn't want to pay the GBP 8 for this Exhibit, so went off to explore other parts of the museum on her own. Anyway, the Exhibit was not as extensive as I thought...considering we had to pay GBP 8 per person. 

We went back to the hotel as we had some time to kill before dinnertime... R (G's boyfriend) was en-route from Norwich and was gonna meet us later for dinner. As I was feeling quite crappy, I took a nap while G and H went down to the hotel bar to drink summore!

Dinner was at Four Seasons at Baywater. Thank goodness we didn't have to queue for ages. Over dinner, mentioned that H was going back the next day...as he had to work. And R looked at me and said "you should STOP shopping so much". Then at that point, G said "Shhhhh... I need to kick your leg to shut you up. I'll tell you later....". When G explained to R later that night about our Harrods fiasco, he was like "Oh Crap!".
Heheheheheh

Monday, 23 February 2009

H was still  jet-lagged and couldn't go back to sleep. So he left for the airport pretty early. Spent the morning sorting out the VAT refunds at Russel & Bromley and Marks & Spencer. And then window-shopped along High Street Ken. Bought an Oasis top on sale...

G was gonna come stay with me for two nights after H's departure. She finished work at about 1.30 pm and we met up for lunch. Wanted to have a British Pie but couldn't find...so ended up at Old Dutch on Kensington Church Street. The pancakes were goooooood, and we did have quite a long lunch. Can't really remember what we did between lunch and our musical....

G had wanted to give me a treat at the theatre... and she asked what would I be interested. I chose GREASE! ....so that I could sing "Go Grease Lightnin!! Go Grease Ligntnin!!!"
Heheheheh... The theatre was just off Piccadilly Circus

It was pretty entertaining. Much more so than The Lion King. At the end, when the cast starting singing the Grand Finale, I said "Hey! This is the part where we should stand up and join in with the singing!" and G was like "Errrrr. Over here people are very conservative one lah. Nobody would do it one. You do. People think you SEOW!". 
Errr...true enough. Everybody just sat still on their chairs leh. 
I was sooooooo looking forward to stand and dance and sing wor.....

Anyways, we had a late dinner in some Beijing noodle place in ChinaTown...


Tuesday, 24th February 2009

Decided to walk down memory lane..... so walked all the way to Royal Albert Hall, down 
Exhibition Road passing ye olde college of mine and then to V&A and finally to Harrods!

Prince Albert Memorial, opposite the Royal Albert Hall
(This monument was in scaffolding throughout the years I was in London. And according to G, it was only unveiled recently. 15 years of Restoration!!?!?!?)


Royal Albert Hall



We entered into the V&A Museum just for fun....

The Victoria and Albert Museum


Walked to Harrods....initially just for fun. Then remembered that I needed a few more pieces to complete my Wedgewood set. The items that I was looking for had a 25% discount, so bought them. We didn't pick up the goods until later...

Went to Harvey Nichols and down Sloan St. for fun. Nothing to do...and still lots of time. We wanted to have lunch at Valerie's Patisserie but was crowded like crazy. So decided to go elsewhere. Ended up in a little pub in Knightsbridge...

Finally! I get to have my PIE! 

Top - G's Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding
Bottom - My Steak and Ale Pie

After lunch, picked up my wares from Harrods and went back to the hotel. 
What did we both do???
ZZZZZZZZ 
We then went to Bayswater for dinner... I have to tell you that by this time, I was pretty glad that I was going home the next day. When G related this to R, he said "Awwww. Is she missing her boys???". 
Of course not lah! Just that I was pretty sien in London by then....


Wednesday, 25th February 2009

Yes. Yes. Very excited to go home... G walked with me to the tube station...and we said our GOODBYES.....she was off to work, and I was going to Paddington to catch my train to Heathrow.

Flight to Singapore this time was pretty full. Had to FAST-FAST chup the three empty seats in front of me. Almost didn't manage to. But you know me lah. Soooo kiasu one. Of course the moment the doors were closed, I jumped to the front lah. So managed to sleep a quite fair bit...plus watched a couple of movies and played Luxor again....

Ahh....HOME SWEET HOME!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Harry Ramsden's fish and chips??? I love those LOL

You're so lucky to visit London during this time. Hubby and I would love to visit it again (with the kid) but I think it's only a dream for now...

Anonymous said...

are the items cheap after 25% disc at harrods?

NomadicMom said...

KittyCat - I thought it was Dick Barton's Fish & Chips??
Anyways, didn't eat any Fish & Chips...

Wen - Cheaper but Not cheap.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker