Monday, March 23, 2009

Still NOT 100%

After so many weeks, I am still not 100% well.
(Read here and here)

My results for the mycoplasma test came back positive after two days. The doctor sms-ed me to inform me of the results, and advised that I should complete the course of the prescribed antibiotics. She sms-ed me a week later to check on me. As I was still not too well, I went to see her again. She said that the previous course of antibiotics should be sufficient,  but did prescribed me some cough medicine. She said to expect residual cough for about a month or two.... Geezzzz...

I'm still feeling quite yucky. Coughed so much yesterday that I puked foamy phlegm... and then 2 minutes later, out of the blue, my dinner came up as well. And just now... almost had a little accident on my bed. Aduh!!!!

As for S2, his results too like 3 weeks!!! GILA!
I don't really understand what the doctor said... something about he used to have mycoplasma before...like many months ago, but not anymore. It's like a left-behind marker.
The school did issue a medical alert indicating that even if the infection is no longer in the body, the bacteria remains for as long as 13 weeks. Or something like that.

I tell you... I am sure a lot of people have this bacterial infection. Just that they don't specifically check for this particular bacteria. I mean usually, people would check the White Blood Cell count (WBC) to see if viral or bacterial infection. This test costs about USD 8/- only. Where would anyone spend USD 100/- to test for ONE type of bacteria one? 
Just so happens that T&L's mom mentioned this at S2's birthday party. 
Otherwise, I also won't get S2 and myself tested. 



No comments:

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker