Saturday, March 28, 2009

4Ms

What do the 4Ms mean???
Maid
Making
M
Mad!

I just wrote a couple of days ago that she really kik-sei-ngor....
She did it again!
I think she is TOO FREE. Have too much FREE time in her hands...that she must just have this laid-back attitude towards her job. 

Yesterday, somehow boys made their own breakfast...Maggi Mee. Stove turned-on without any supervision. I didn't know about this until much later. Luckily no accidents. When I found out, I told the maid very calmly... "Yes. My older one is big enough to cook his own noodles or omelette. And I know he wants to do it. But you have to be there to supervise. If there's any accident, you will be the one scolded". 
Okay never mind...

Then in the afternoon, I prepared the chinese herbs for S2's chinese medicine drink. Put in 5 bowls of water into the pot. Told the maid.... "Boil using small fire until water has reduced to just 1 bowl". Not difficult right? 
In fact, blardy easy work.
Guess what happened?
The medicine was all BURNT! And it was H that turned off the fire!!! 
NOT a single drop of liquid left in the pot and all the herbs STUCK onto the pot. Blackened!
You say I go MAD or not???
Screamed at her like NO tomorrow! And guessed what she was doing?
On the phone in her room!!!!

Really TOO FREE. Already no need to make breakfast for boys...and we ate out for lunch. So with the house already cleaned plus the clothes ironed, she thinks she can be so laid-back and go chit-chat on her phone in her room! 

I was so MAD. Told her that if she likes to talk so much, then just go pack her bags, leave and she can talk 24/7. Told her the herbs cost USD 50/- (Must exaggerate abit lah...) and I want to cut her pay by this amount. Aiya. Of course I didn't lah. Just want to frighten her. 
H sternly asked her if she still wants to work for us... Of course she said YES lah. Easy job and relatively good pay maaa. Gave her a final ultimatum. If she SCREWS up one more time, she's out of the door. And NO more having her phone turned-on in the day....only when she has finished all her tasks at night, ie. after our dinner....If I see her on the phone in the day one more time, she's out of the door.
You sure say... AIYA. Get rid of her now lah. 
But have to say that she is quite alright generally lah. If she listens to instructions, she can actually do quite well one. 


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

why are all of them liddat one??? ok ok...ya ya...it's becos they r maids lor...more n more of my cookwear/plates/cups are getting broken each day..luckily i dun hv those expensive Chinawear like urs..kekekeke

LZmommy said...

That's dangerous! I hope my maid will not let my kids cook. And thank goodness we have agreement we our maid that she can't have hp.

FAD MOM said...

mine also since i allowed her to have cellphone since last aug, she has been sms and using the mobile even during the day... i told her before that only after 8pm and for emergencies.. but u know, sometimes she can cook halfway then the phone sms beep and she goes to pick it up.. it went on for the whole day, after a week, i told her off. and since then she never do it as obvious... but mine has been quite good for 4 yrs... but like they say, the older or longer they are with you, the more daring or bolder they become...

NomadicMom said...

Laundryamah - So far, I've not used my Wedgewood with this maid. Previous maid got lah.
This one hasn't broken anything other than making my pot HANGUS!!!

LZMommy - Abit difficult to stop maid to have handphone lah. If they don't like, they can just leave, unlike in Malaysia or Singapore, whereby you would have to arrange for her departure....

FAD MOM - It's fine if they know how to manage their "leisure Phone time" and their work time...but alot donno how to ler. I told her to turn her phone off till after cleaning-up dinner stuff....Hopefully, she will follow..otherwise, I sure scream scream like GILA woman again!

Sasha Tan said...

yeah la.. sometimes they really kek sei ppl wan. but if generally okay only screw up once in a while then close one eyes la.

wen said...

i guess its not easy to find a 100% maid. and that is also why they are maids instead of working in the off.
maybe she wasnt listening to ur instruction at that time? whenever i am afraid my maid is not listening i will ask her again if she understands. if she did wrongly sure kena screw from me coz i oredi asked if she understood

NomadicMom said...

Sasha - I'm closed TWO eyes liow...

Wen - Now..I'm like asking her "do you understand? do you understand?" like thousands of times!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker