Tuesday, March 17, 2009

London Trip - Part 1

Yes. Yes. Very back-dated. I know.
But you cannot fault me as I've been under the weather....
Also the grey cells up there is a bit whacko. Thus you might find my posts kelam-kabut.

Thursday, 19th February 2009
H specifically chose this particular flight because he wanted his swa-koo (hill-billy ??!?!) wife to experience this engineering marvel....

Airbus A380

Obviously, the wife was expecting this.....

SIA First Class Suites

But what greeted the wife was this...

Sardine-Class

BOY! Was she disappointed!! Hahahah...

The flight to LHR was really quite empty. I don't think the plane was even 30% full. I had four seats all to myself. And so did H. But instead of sleeping, I was like a being-possessed.... playing LUXOR and ZUMA until my fingers got cramps! If only my boys could see me!!!! 

Arriving in LHR really felt like arriving in Mumbai or Lahore. Know what I mean?
Anyway, we passed through immigration and customs with no hiccups. 
Took the Heathrow Connect instead of the Express to Central London. Eh... Express is DOUBLE the price wor... Besides, Connect only has like 5 stops in-between. No big deal.

Our hotel, the Copthorne Tara Hotel is a short 5 minute walk from High Street Kensington Station. Not great but clean, adequate and certainly very very convenient. Check-in was seamless. (Did I mention that we had a good deal for the room? Less than GBP 74 per nite!)

Exterior of the Hotel

Was starving like seow already.... After throwing our bags into the room we headed out to High Street Ken in search of dinner. We ended up in a little Lebanese restaurant.... 

Then... it was bedtime.
Nite. Nite. Sleep Tight.

p/s Yes. Yes. I cheated. All Photos courtesy of Google Images.

10 comments:

Jonzz said...

LOL, cheated using Google Images... that's a good one.

Anonymous said...

wakkakakaakakakakkkakak...

so..was it an engineering marvel???

Anonymous said...

economy class for SIA is good enuff liao. better than a lot of other airlines!

Bee Bee said...

Aiyah, 'sai meang' la! The economy actually look like very high class liao loh! SA leh, not Cina plane leh!

Bee Bee said...

Aiyah, 'sai meang' la! The economy actually look like very high class liao loh! SA leh, not Cina plane leh!

bp said...

hahaha, u are so funny,NM... hey, sardine class is better than no class ;p

how r u now? i hope u are a-ok after all the antibiotics!

laundryamah said...

aiya...ada chance pigi makan angin oso shiok leow lor...lagi want 1st class ka?? kakaakakaaka

NomadicMom said...

jonzz - eh... my camera not the terrer-menerrer ones like yours lah. So of course must cheat abit lah.

Mott - Actually, I have to say that the engines are pretty quiet. I didn't even realise that we were landing until the wheels touched on the ground!

Wen - Ya lah. I know...Just joking maaa..

Bee - Ya. Think SIA's economy class one of the best lah...

bp - better but doc says there will be residual cough for another 1 - 2 months!!!!!

Laundryamah - Aiya joking oni ma... If H really want to pay for first class ah, I will tell him better give me the money for shopping instead!!!

Anonymous said...

You are lucky as the the Airbus is a new jet. All the old ones doesn't have game. Only personal movie.

NomadicMom said...

HijackQueen - Can say lucky but can also say unlucky. Cause play until "chauu kann".

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker