Friday, March 20, 2009

London Trip - Part 2

For Part 1, go here.

Friday, 20th February
Jet-lagged. Jet-lagged.
Woke up very early. Decided to take a walk through the park....

Scenes in the Park
No lah. Didn't attempt to feed the ducks nor the swans. Scared! Scared!
We actually walked from High Street Ken all the way to Marble Arch.
Around Lancaster Gate, my thighs were itching like NO tomorrow. Think too long haven't walked so much plus also the cold air that were the culprit. 

We took the tube  from Marble Arch to Leicester Square to have breakfast. Wanted to have porridge and knew of a shop that's open 24-hours. Food is crap but what to do? Want to have porridge! Old liow lah.... 

Jalan-jalan on Oxford Street, then went to Harrods for lunch. H had Grilled Lamb and I had Roast Duck. After lunch, proceeded to look at all the yummy foods in the Food Hall. You know me lah. I like to look at all these things. But H was like pestering me to go look at other stuff (like handbags, shoes, clothes, bracelet) in Harrods. I said I don't have anything to buy, and if I do, I won't buy them in Harrods....... and then we started arguing. 
Sooooo silly!!!
Arguing because I don't want to do any shopping!!!!!! 
We actually stormed out of Harrods angry at each other!!!

What did we do? Take tube back to High Street Ken lor. 
Then he said "Hrmf. You can go back to the hotel. I'm off to Marks and Spencer".
I don't want to go back what. So I went to Marks also lah.
But I went to sit in the cafe and had a very yummy, gooey Treacle Tart
Absolutely Heaven!!!
Somehow, started a conversation with some guy and his son. Apparently he's some author. Can't remember his name though. 

Anyway, met my sister, G for dinner at Halepi Greek Restaurant. I thought it was two roads away from Queenway. Aduh! Actually, it's FOUR roads away on Leinster Terrace. Called G to ask lah. So blurr lah me. 

Think we ordered a Greek Salad, Taramasalata, Moussaka and a Baby Lamb dish. But I was so stuffed from my Treacle Tart that I didn't eat much. H and G ate most of the food. 

Saturday, 21 Feb
Mmm...what did we do in the morning??
Jalan-jalan on High Street Ken. Bought a pair of boots at Russell & Bromley (photo later, yah?), shirts for H and some gifts for my friend, SH and family. Met them for lunch at Royal China in Bayswater.  Perhaps I should have gone earlier to queue..... as we had to queue almost an hour for a table. Kinda long wait for SH's two little sons. Her hubby, WK was saying that if it's not because of us, they wouldn't have travelled down to London. The last time they were here was ten months ago! He's really quite keen to go back and settle in Malaysia...but SH is not too keen. Really hard life!!! Having two young kids here in UK without help!! I think I would have gone mad!!

Did go back to the hotel for a rest (aiya...old liow lah) before going to Covent Garden in the evening. 

Pre-Theatre Drinks with Music at Covent Garden
G said that in order to be a busker at Covent Garden, one actually has to audition for it. 
Not just simply go there a chuup a spot can liow!SHUCKS! That means, I cannot go there and sing my woh-chai-teng-ni-hwei-lai   woh-chai-teng-ni-hwei-lai....
Heheheheh...

We then went to the Lyceum Theatre for Disney's Lion King. 

Before we went in, H told me to not WAKE him up if he falls asleep. 
Aduh! We had tickets for the STALLS okay!!! Good seats leh. Go in and sleep???
But then, I have to say that only the beginning and end when all the animals are out is NICE. There's this particular girl in the role of cheetah. She was good. 
The middle bit was quite boring. I also had a hard time keeping awake...but did stay awake throughout the show.
I did see H nodding off...and left him as is. BUT I had to nudge him when he started to SNORE!!!! TWICE I had to nudge him to STOP snoring.
In summary... too much hype leading to disappointment!

5 comments:

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

Ahhh...i so missed that places... Ooh those ducks and swans....nice right. Wonder when I will get a chance to go there again.

stay-at-home mum said...

Aiyo!! If he wants to buy you bags and clothes from Harrods, just say thank you, la!! No need to fight!!

Jonzz said...

Wow, looks like you're having lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

i oso want to go harrods.. the nearest harrods i can go is near my harrods bag in my closet.

NomadicMom said...

WMD - Actually hor, when staying there as student vs. going there for holiday now... very different lor.

SAHM - Aiya. I know. I know. I tell that to myself.... But... Somehow I feel "CHEATED" if no sale lah....

Jonzz - No need to scream at my boys. Sure fun lah.

Spymama - Got. Got. Got Harrods in KLIA....

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker