Sunday, July 24, 2011

Did something that I said I wouldn't do...

What?

What?

What did I do?

Steal? Rob? Kill? Have an affair????

Errr..... NONE of the above...

It's something simple..... like....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Buying a TV for my maid's room.

I know. I know. No big deal... but I was always against of the maid having the TV in HER room. I mean all along, my maids do have access to a TV, either in the kitchen or in the service area, but my stance was always NEVER in the room. So why the change?

Well, as you know... we now live in an apartment. Naturally, space is a constraint. There's not much space in the kitchen areas.... And surely we don't want her to be watching my cable TV in the hall, right? I supposed you would ask "why must have TV? Don't have cannot meh?". Well, it is quite isolated up here... not like when we lived in Singapore whereby the maids can just pop their heads out of the balcony and talk to the maid next door. Am sure she will be bored till gila - and we don't want her to be gila... that's for sure! Plus the contrast of us living in a house and here is so great in terms of the social aspect. When we lived in a house, she had my driver, gardener (some days), my security guards, not to mention the number of strangers that loiter outside my front gate for conversation. Now? Even my driver is not exactly nearby for her to have a chat. No outlet to b*tC# about the ma'am of hers. Hahahahah...
Thus the need to have a TV.... to de-STRESS. :-)

Want to know what TV we got her?
Well, obviously we wanted to get the cheapest and most basic one... H went to those hypermarkets to look around. And some unheard brands were selling for USD 80. Then we decided to get a USD 110 LG CTV. But when we want to the shop, they were having some mid-year clearance sale.... we ended getting her a USD 130 Panansonic LCD TV. So now, my maid has a canggih TV in her room... Not only that, when we came back... we took one of the boys' old DVD player to give it to her... Hope she will not be watching TV until apa pun donno how to do. Or cannot get up in the morning to work!!!

Whilst I was typing this post, I can almost hear Laundryamah screaming into my ear about me spoiling my maid.... YIKES

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad has been harping about putting a tv in my maid's room. Recently, I said ok I will. But I still haven't. Not that I don't really want to, but just out of sheer laziness! Haha. A question: can she just take your DVDs to watch? But I guess it's easy for her to go out and get her own?

D

NomadicMom said...

D - She didn't ask about DVDs. But I don't think she will want to watch all our English shows lah. She doesn't understand also.... WE';; be getting her an antenna tomorrow to watch the local channels...

mun said...

I also want to ask, will she be buying her own DVDs to watch? If yes, will you be checking on her DVD collection to censor them?

bp said...

that's so v thotful of u, but as Mun said, guess u still just wanna see what she's watching!

Anonymous said...

Nern has a tv in her room. As long as she does her work, I don't see a problem la.

Mk

NomadicMom said...

mun - censor? no lah. Don't really care what she watches. Just don't want her to watch until the wee hours of the morning and cannot wake up!
Most of last week (before we even bought the tv), she was like waking up at 8 am!

bp - not exactly thoughtful... just think it's quite boring lah... no frieds up here.

MK - But she is not exactly a perfect maid wor... so how?

CL said...

hahaha.. yes, I would be go against letting maid has a tv in her room, but then with all your reasoning, she needs a tv to de-stress. All the best.

NomadicMom said...

CL - I have to get rid of my tag of "SLAVE DRIVER"!

laundryamah said...

hahahhaa..ya spoil market! lucky me no maid leow,,,no problems!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker