Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Low Down on Trump International...

No. This is definitely not a paid post!!!

No. I did not specifically SELECT The Trump International Hotel and Towers.

Let me tell you how I 'landed' onto this hotel...

H had been telling me about the 'Name Your Own Price' option on Priceline.com.
So...being the curious 'ole me, I went to try it out. Basically, all you need to do is select the date, city, location, star rating and the price that you would pay.
The name of the hotel is witheld until you've won 'a bid'.
Easy enough...

The location that I selected was 'ON the Strip' for 5-star hotels...
And when the result came...it was The Trump International Hotel and Towers. I tell you, immediately, I was sooooo disappointed! I was hoping for maybe the Bellagio...
:-P
Then went on to look at the hotel websites, read reviews etc.... Hotel website says it's at the corner of Fashion Drive and Strip...and reviews said otherwise...Reviews were also NOT so positive about this 5-star hotel. So, was a little apprehensive about this hotel...but was still open-minded...

The lobby, rooms, bathroom were all nice. Check out their site for photos...Even have an LCD TV in the bathroom....whatever for? Really got such terror TV-addicts? For financial tycoons that need to watch the news while soaking in the tub???

But then, the location is definitely NOT on the STRIP. I was telling H that I got cheated by Priceline. It takes about 5 -10 minutes walk to the STRIP (depending on how fast you walk lah...). I mean most times, we cut through Fashion Show Mall...but after mall hours, we have to walk on the road. Certainly NOT on the STRIP!!!!

I did request for a room on the high floor...as there were many reviews on TripAdvisor that the noise from the freight trains behind the hotel was unbearable...So, with a room on the high floor, we weren't disturbed by the blaring horns as some guests have complained.

The low-down was.... On the next morning, my toilet got blocked!!! (errr...lucky it didn't overflowed!)
AIYO! How can a 5-star hotel be like that?
And this is a spanking new hotel in Las Vegas. Not some crappy hotel in the middle of some Sumatran Jungle!

Anyways, called housekeeping to sort it out. Informed them that they could get right to it as we were leaving the room. That was about 10.15 am....

We only got back into our room at about 11.30 PM....as were entering our room, we saw that the day's newspaper sitting at the entryway. H then said "Eh...don't tell me they didn't make-up our room".

ADUH! Really. Our room was NOT made up!
If I was staying at some shit-hole, I wouldn't be complaining....but we paid good money here!!

Okay, nevermind. H called Housekeeping to complain but told them it was pointless to send someone to clean our room at 11.45 pm ! But could they please send some clean towels!!!
We waited like FOREVER for our towels....... and then H made another call to complain...

I went in to shower. AIYOOOOOOO... NO HOT WATER!!!
What to do?
Just wash my hands and legs and my ahem-ahem....
Just as I was finishing, the water then only turned lukewarm...enough for me to wash the rest of my bits without freezing my @ss off. And I am that kind who lurrrrves HOT showers.
Knowing me...I was complaining the whole time...whinging that my third-world country shower is more powerful and hotter than Donald Trump's.

I think H called Housekeeping to complain again....and later, the manager called to apologise. It was quite funny as H remarked to me"As Donald says 'You Are FIRED'". I was like "huh? you really told him that?" Hahahha.. Of course not lah.

The next day, the water was warmer but still not my usual HOT. :-(

Not only that...the room had a little kitchenette with all the spanking gleaming appliances....but when I wanted to boil some water, found out that the stove was "locked". Didn't bother to call housekeeping to sort it out...thus ended up drinking water straight from the tap. The appliances just for show or what??????

And also expected a 5-star hotel to have a well-stocked minibar in the room. 
NADDA! Not even bottled water. All they had were coffee, sugar and cream.
Is it a norm in the USA that there is zilch minibar in the room or what? 
Just kept telling H that the 5-Star hotel that we have in this third-world country is waaaaaaaaay ahead man!

Don't think the hotel is at a decent occupancy rate...as there weren't many people around. We wanted to have a drink in the hotel lobby bar...but it was rather deserted.
No fun with no people, right? So gave it a miss.

Will I stay here again???
Definitely NOT!!

7 comments:

Irene said...

wah, really dissapointing hor, donald trump hotel wor, 5 star lagi, suppose to be like outta this world kinda services & hotel mer... complaint kau kau! you mite get a complimentary upgrade! :)

NomadicMom said...

Irene - Upgrade? "Lei chau seong"!! My towels already took forever to come leh...

sting said...

oohhh... that's quite upsetting huh... maybe they are trying to save $$, you know economic crisis ahh... :-)

Anonymous said...

very unexpected for a 5-star hotel leh...

NomadicMom said...

Sting - Aiya...blocked toilet in a 5-Star hotel is certainly a NO-NO lah...however bad things are leh...

Dancing Queen - They better do something soon...otherwise sure nobody wanna go stay there lah

Anonymous said...

when you gonna upload the photos for us to see?

ym

NomadicMom said...

YM - No internet since Friday evening leh...only got connection like 5 minutes ago. Had to scream at the ISP !!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker