Sunday, October 05, 2008

One More Day....

One more day of being the maid.
Just one more day.
Maid is due back tomorrow....that is if she really comes back.
Otherwise, there will be a problem as don't think mom can handle the house alone. (H and I are due to leave this Thursday for SFO. Mom arrives on Wednesday) Will have to get a temporary maid if my maid does not turn up for work.
Anyway, glad to know that I am NOT the only one that is reliant on domestic help. Look at the newspaper headlines in the papers. As in on the FRONT page of the newspaper!
Many of the maids left about a week before the official public holiday, and most are gone for 2 weeks. Some return to their employers and some just do the disappearing act.
Actually, we've also been eating out at the malls. Hee hee...
On Friday, we went to Spageddis for lunch. Wanted to have Japanese at Sushi Tei but the queues were MEGA loooooooong. So ended up in the Mall Foodcourt instead. Wasn't happy with my dinner at all. :-(
Then next day (Saturday/yesterday), we went to Penang Bistro for lunch. I knew I shouldn't have ordered milky teh tarik to go with my rich creamy Singapore Laksa. Cause the moment I finished my laksa, I could feel my belly velly bloated...and had that awful indigestion feeling. And worse, in the car...had belly-ache. Felt like sh#ting as well as puking. Sei-mou? Stupid H was making jokes out of my agony...going on to describe how I should do those two tasks simultaneously...and then said "Hey. you could lose double the weight in half the time!". Grrrr....
Really cannot tahan that when I got home, I really did kneel at the porcelain throne.
For dinner...made Mee Soup for the boys...while I had sandwiches. Scared already. Don't dare each too rich foods.
Hate to say it...but donno whether is it my older body cannot digest so well liow???
Bleah....

As for my other chores, I've gone to buy a new Magic Mop. Don't like to wring the mop head with my hands. So with the Magic Mop, I just have to pull a handle and VOILA! The mop is all wrung-out. I actually broke my old Magic Mop and had to go out and buy a new one...which cost me USD 10/-. Sounds rather expensive for a mop...but it really works wonders. You can actually see the dirt/dust/hair etc stuck to the mop sponge. I first saw the Magic Mop when I lived in Singapore....bought one from Tangs. My then-maid just didn't know how to use it. I actually brought her all the way to Tangs again for the Tangs Salesperson to demonstrate to her! Even then, she still didn't know how or didn't want to use my Magic Mop. Same thing with my local maid here. Even after I showed her how to use the Magic Mop, she still preferred to use the traditional-style mop. Oh well...
Boys will be going to a friend's house tonight...to be babysat/supervised by friend (H and I going out tonight, and there's still no maid). So...as a token of appreciation for the friend, baked a batch of cupcakes this morning. This time, actually made some effort to pipe the cupcakes. (Oh..used pink for the icing as friend has two girls....and little girls like pink. Right?). Nice?
For boys' lunch today, made them pizza. I had made some pizza dough the last time, and froze the extras. So it was a pretty easy to prepare as all I had to do was defrost the dough, cut up some ham and grate the cheese. Easy-Peasy.
Reason why H and I are going out tonight is.........to watch Diana Krall in Concert. Doors open at 7 pm. Thus, we are going to drop boys off at 6.30 pm. It's free-seating so will have to be there slightly earlier.
Later....

8 comments:

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

Talk about eating too much. I did that last night and was suffering the whole night. Then I stepped on the weighing machine and saw the machine's needle went a little too far right.

Today, despite the temptation, I ordered salad and I'm pretty proud of myself. Ate a big plate of leaves. Guess, like you say, old leow...cannot digest well.

stay-at-home mum said...

The end is in sight ... if not today then at least thursday. So smile la, ok?

Irene said...

wah, eat, eat & eat. think nowadays a lot of ppl is depending on maids. i wish i have one too :(

how was concert?

Irene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

wahh no maid oso u bake ah..then hv to wash up..kakakaka

NomadicMom said...

wmd - So sad hor? Don't want to admit growing older also cannot. The mind still feels young, but bits and pieces of the body just want to SHOUT out otherwise!!!

SAHM - Yay! Maid did come back as scheduled.

Irene - I think if I have no maid sure FIGHT with hubby every single day!!! Hahhahah
Concert not so good lah...

Laundryamah - I need to give something to friend what. Sure must lah.

allthingspurple said...

Huahh...no maid and you can still bake !! You very geng leh. I could hardly bring myself to clean up after baking !!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, those are some funny headlines! Amazing how much people depend on maids...that's why I don't dare hire a live-in one.

Oh no...you're one of those amazing bakers? Looks I'm the only "non-craftsy" SAHMS :P

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker