Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Very Foul!

Foul mood.  Me. That is. 

Well. That's what H said. 
Errr...actually, I also know that I am in a foul mood indeed!
Why?
Being the maid. That is. 

H said that he would rather we all check-in a hotel than looking at my foul mood from cleaning up the house. I supposed this is why many people check into the hotel during this festive period when their domestic help go on their annual looooooooong leave. 

*sigh* Really feeling quite foul from the exhaustion of scrubbing the toilets and mopping the floors. Plus the standing in the sun nearly made me pengsan today. Yes. Yes. I do have a dryer...but somehow I prefer my laundry drying under the sun. 

I supposed I did look rather foul today. Was fuming inside when I was mopping the floor and H was watching telly. I really wanted to go kick his @ss... what lah! Here I am working my @ss off!!! Luckily he was "saved by the bell", i.e. before I could start bombarding him with big huge atomic bombs, he said that he'll do the mopping the next round...on Friday. Then only I calmed down a wee-bit (more "soon-hei").

When I was sweating-like-a-pig doing my household chores then I think I should appreciate my maid more. Shouldn't scream at her too much. Mopping the whole house is NO joke. I know she doesn't do a perfect job. But to do a perfect job is really really HARD work! 
Hope she does come back to work after her holidays. (Many domestic helpers NEVER return to work after their holidays. Donno why. Even after promises of increment by their employers) 

What have I been cooking? 
Monday - Fried Udon for lunch and Chinese One-Pot Rice for dinner.
Tuesday - We ate out for lunch (H took boys to Fish&Co but I opted to eat alone at DinTai Fung and had Ngau-Lam-Meen) and Ham&Cheese Sandwich for dinner.
Wednesday - Grilled Chicken Sandwiches for lunch and Beef Ball porridge for dinner
Tomorrow ....no plans yet. 

And then S1 decides to fall ill during this time. Has high fever (39.2 deg C!!!) and bad bad cough. Did take him to SOS to see the doctor; throat infection was the diagnosis and he was prescribed antibiotics, and some other meds. Because of the holidays, consultation costs also increased. Lucky don't have to pay. 

Okay lah...


14 comments:

bp said...

I hope S1 is better. And you take good care, too, Nomadic Mom, you're doing an excellent job! Try and take five in between. It's really nice of your husband to offer to help... and do let him help you (my problem is my hubby will say he will do, but I wait and wait, in the end I would have done it liao!).

Maybe you can use the dryer just for now? If your laundry is like ours, it piles up non-stop...just done with one, and already another's waiting to be spun! And I have half a closet full of clothes that I haven't got round ironing... some day, one day hopefully soon, will get round to them! Haha!

sting said...

hoping S1 gets recovers soon ya... and you take care too.. don't get stress with the house work ya.. hehehe.. soon maid will be back yippee!!

I am Princess Misha's Mum said...

hope that S1 will get well Soooon!!

Well about houseworks .. do as much as you can lor .. others leave it first till the maid comes back (if it is ok lar)... anyway, do not stress yourself ok?

stay-at-home mum said...

From where you are things can only get better. Hope S1 recovers fast.

And... get the boys to help out 9not the sick one, of course). but they can load the washer, hang the clothes out, sweep or mop the floors and they will enjoy doing it. Mine cant wait to sweep the floors and change the sheets!!

slavemom said...

Wishing S1 a speedy recovery! Try not to do so many things while the maid's away. Just do the minimal, as long as the hse doesn't smell funny. hahaha Don't stress urself up with hsework ya.

Anonymous said...

aiya no need to mop so often cannot meh? just vacuum only la...hahaha

eh sorry ah..missed your bday!! Hope u had a good one!

Anonymous said...

I fully understand how you feel about house chores ... It's an never ending tasks .... It's good to get hubby to help AND remember to praise him again and again (even though he is not good at it), never complain at his work done too.. Then, you will have a happy and contented helper :P *cunning* hor? Haha!

NomadicMom said...

bp - S1 is better. Thanks.
Well, as you say, H offered to help, but then before he do, I do liow... :-) But he did do the washing-up after our meals (err..some still not so clean, but keep my mouth shut) which is quite good.

As for using dryer.. Call me a sucker. But I kinda like sun-dried smell wor. Plus very kiam-siap. Dryer use alot of electricity.

Yeah...some clothes I just fold straight from the clothesline. No need to iron.

NomadicMom said...

Sting - Yes. S1 is better. Thanks. :-)
Maid is due back tomorrow night. Keeping fingers crossed that she WILL come back.

NomadicMom said...

Misha's Mum - That's what H says. Don't go and be "lann lek" and do unneccessary stuff. Just do the important stuff.

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - S1 is better liow. Thanks.
Aiya...ask them to do. Become "yuet pong. yuet mong". I did ask them to pull out their own sheets and duvet. And later, asked them to put their own pillowcase, ....my S2 complained that "It's TOO hard!". Aiyo. So spoilt. I told him "Do it. TOO BAD!"

NomadicMom said...

Slavemom - S1 is better liow. Thanks.
Hee hee... too lazy to throw rubbish until it did smell funny! Hahahah

NomadicMom said...

Laundryamah - Never mop ofte lah. Just that even mop once also sooo tiring leh. My downstairs is like my mom's downstairs lah. Alot of mop!

NomadicMom said...

hn - Aiya..he say he help me to mop. Wait for him....I did it liow...But he did help with washing up. Didn't praise him wor. How?

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker