Thursday, July 08, 2010

Bad Customer Service!

I have to blog about this.....because I really cannot TAHAN.

Firstly, I have to admit that I do not speak English the PROPER PROPER way. But some people really do have appalling language skills. A skill that is of utter importance in the hospitality industry...especially when it caters to foreign tourists.

As I mentioned previously (somewhere on my blog), I have made plans to visit Penang with my boys and extended family in early August. So... booked four rooms at a beach hotel through a well-known website. I then proceeded to email the hotel directly to request for 3 spare beds and a baby cot for the rooms.

This is the reply that I received from the Reservations Department:

Dear mrs numadic mom (notice WRONG spelling of Guest Name!!!)

Warmest Greetings from XYZ Hotel, Penang

Thank you for your email,futher the below email,for the extrabed subject to
availbility you can double confirm open arrival only.

Thank you & Best Regards


Look at the number of spelling and grammar mistakes!! Aduh!!!

I then wrote back to ask that a REQUEST for spare beds to be input into their reservation /housekeeping system. And this is her reply....

Dear mrs nomadic mom (this time she spelt my name correctly but in lower case. Never heard of Proper Nouns?)

Warmest Greetings from XYZ Hotel, Penang!

regret to inform our inentory show no extra bed.

Looking forword to hear from you soon.

Thank you & Best Regards


Again... Mistakes all over!
And what kind of hotel is this? No spare beds? Surely they do not expect families with young children to accommodate their children in separate rooms?
So is she just being lazy to put in the request?
Or what???

7 comments:

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

Ooo I so want to know which hotel in Penang. Anyway, what my husband does is he will call them speak to a staff (get the name) and then call again just a day or two before the arrival and insist that it be noted. I know it is such a pain. Alternatively, arrive early but then again, sometimes they are so sticky with the check in time.

mott said...

LOL..I aso wanna know!!!!

Tell la... Kekekekekekek..

coffeesncookies said...

hotels here can never confirm 1) baby cots 2) non smoking room 3) king size beds.. and that really drives me up the wall. so susah meh ?
and i bet the bad english... will send me to the roof too!

coffeesncookies said...

eh.. tell la.. which hotel ?

NomadicMom said...

WMD - I think we have to do that too lah... The hotel? It's Flamingo. Saw from booking.com that it is recently refurbished with contemporary furniture etc, plus the rates are pretty affordable.

Mott - Flamingo. (Actually, I've never heard of this name before...but from Booking.com, it looks pretty good, affordable, on the beach, and close to the touristy things in town. My sisters feel that Batu Feringghi is too deep in....)

Coffeencookies - Why Malaysian hotels soooo inefficient one ? I got another reply from the hotel. This time must written by a different person - as the English is much improved!

Anonymous said...

walao never heard of this hotel leh..aiyerr so cheh kai one...better switch la

Mamapumpkin said...

Next time, say u r Puan Sri Nomadic Mom!! It works!! Damn sad, right? Makes me sick in the stomach....

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker