Friday, July 02, 2010

Some Updates.... 2 July 2010

Last Day of School
Yup. Today is the LAST day of the school year....and then it's a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong Summer Break of games, TV, and what-nots till the boys' eyes pop out! Any ideas of how to entertain them outside the realm of electronics? I've signed (or rather got my sister to do the leg work) at a Football Camp for only four days. What about the other weeks?? Need to put them in Mandarin Classes too....

Guessed the boys are also gonna have a ball of a time at school today... no studying. Just fun fun fun. They ditched their school uniform for casual clothes this morning, and brought cupcakes to be shared with their friends.


Closure
There was a small service at school for Sei Young yesterday.... Only Year 8 students and family were invited. I supposed this service is to provide some kind of a closure for the school and the students. Before I even went into the theatre, I already started crying. I just broke down when I saw her parents walk into the foyer....her father carrying a photograph, the way how we Asians carry the deceased's photograph. A parent is not meant to do this for their child!

The service started with her friends describing how she was, her smiles, her antics...and how they missed them. We had speeches/ prayers by the heads of the school and and also the key SAR coordinator. When the photo presentation of Sei Young came up on screen, I could see her mother breaking down.... Oh how I feel for her. As a mother, you can imagine her pain, sorrow and grief.... But we really cannot imagine how she is feeling. I am sure the pain is too great to put in words. When the service ended, I just had to give my S1 a big big hug.

There was another service yesterday at the Korean Union Church...opened for all. I forgot about this one, and when my friend texted to ask if I was going, I absent-mindedly said YES as I was thinking of the service at school. .... May Sei Young be at Peace....


Terrible Terrible
Don't know why suddenly why all my PY2B posts are of the sad sad topics....which require me to write about the recent tragic events. It feels absolutely terrible to use these tragic events to earn a few bucks. Please forgive me.....


Time for GoodByes...
This year the turnover of expats is especially HIGH. I have so many good friends leaving. I supposed we feel it more this time because this posting is by far the longest for both H and me. Previously, we are the ones that would leave after 1 1/2 to 2 years....

This year, many people are leaving...both at school as well as H's office. My poor H has no more good pals at work that he can go out drinking or gila-ing with. He used to play in every Tuesday in the pool league but not anymore....as his kakis have all gone to the Middle East. And yesterday, he was at a farewell for another colleague/friend who will return to Australia. And another colleague/friend who will be off to South Africa in August. What about us? You ask? I don't know when or where we will be going next.... Yes. He was offered to go to the Middle East. And Nope. He doesn't want to go there.

Both S1 and S2 have very good friends leaving too. I am sure you have heard me mention S1's friend T who lives down the road from us. The family will relocate to Seoul.... Not only the boys will miss them. I will too! T's mom had just given me her Klik-n-Kut Cutter!!!! I came home one day, and there it was ....RIGHT at my door! Eh. This thing costs a few hundred dollars. Told her I couldn't accept it...but she was adamant that I keep it. She said she wouldn't have space in her shoebox apartment in Seoul. I will post a pic later...
Well...THANK YOU, S!

And then there's another family....who will relocate back to Switzerland. These two families are the ones that the boys usually have sleepovers with... Either at their place or ours. *sigh* ...
Well, will definitely visit them one of these days.. Hey. Maybe end of this year SKIING holiday for the boys? Both Seoul and Switzerland and both SKIING destinations. Can plan, yeah?

Another family...also leaving to go to Singapore. This friend of mine has been here for the longest of time, think maybe 9 years? Ever since I knew her four years ago, she has been saying that they are leaving. They are leaving...and never happen. This year...finally confirmed.

And then there's of course the other families that are leaving...that I am not to close with...
You know what sucks? It's when your friendship has grown a little closer and then you find that you will have to lose the friend....Okay. Maybe not lose lose per se. But you know what I mean, right???


Travel back to Malaysia
Boys and I will be going to back to Malaysia on Tuesday, 13th July...on one of the AirAsia flights...don't know which one; and staying on till the 11th of August. I actually leave for Moscow on the 15th of July.... and will only get back on the morning of 1st August 2010...and off to Penang on the 7th. I supposed that leaves me only 5 full days in PJ to do what I wanna do..... Yeah. Sounds kinda packed...

Okay lah. Later...

10 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

enjoy the hols ... with the boys!!

greedypig said...

yes, your sister did the leg work. Have to go look for parking in popular parking spots, climb three flights of stairs in dodgy shophouses and waited in the stuffy corridor for the secretary to come back because she went for tea break. =P

wenn said...

good to be back!

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Have a great holiday! It would be a great break for you & your hubs. How to contact you when you're back in PJ ah?

laundryamah said...

So when do u propose to meet?? I got to plan leh...

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - Err...more like I go enjoy with my H. Hahahah. Terrible Parents.

GreedyPig - Thank you. Thank you. Look on the bright side, that's four days the boys are OUT of your hair. Hahhahaha

Wenn - Good because got Chue Yoke Meen and other good hawker foods.

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - I don't have a local number lah. Plus house phone not fixed yet. Call Laundryamah? I will call her some way or other.But I am good for 5th and 6th of August.

Laundryamah - I only get back on the 1st of August. How about either Thursday 5th Aug or Friday 6th August?? I leave for Penang on the 7th, back on the 10th and fly back out on the 11th. Sorry lah....

wen said...

wah so long like mat salleh country! its nice and wish its the same over here with some cooler weather!

NomadicMom said...

Wei?? I thought I have replied to the comments. How come missing one??

Aiya...so have to reply again lor.

SAHM - With boys with some days. With H some days...

GreedyPig - Yeah lah. Yeah lah. Buy you a coffee and a cake.

Wenn - few more days...then i will be back!

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - I don't have a local number in PJ at the moment. Call Laundryamah. Or email me at nomadicmom@gmail.com
Actually, get Laundryamah to organize bloggers meet lah..

Laundryamah - Thursday, 5th Aug or Friday 6th August lah. You organise OK??
Good girl! Heheheheh

NomadicMom said...

Wei?? I thought I have replied to the comments. How come missing one??

Aiya...so have to reply again lor.

SAHM - With boys with some days. With H some days...

GreedyPig - Yeah lah. Yeah lah. Buy you a coffee and a cake.

Wenn - few more days...then i will be back!

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - I don't have a local number in PJ at the moment. Call Laundryamah. Or email me at nomadicmom@gmail.com
Actually, get Laundryamah to organize bloggers meet lah..

Laundryamah - Thursday, 5th Aug or Friday 6th August lah. You organise OK??
Good girl! Heheheheh

slavemom said...

Comments gone haywire huh? hehehe On a more serious note, my heart goes out to Sei Young's parents. Ppl say, time will heal. I wonder if it will in such case.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker