Saturday, July 17, 2010

Dum-Dum

I am a REAL dum-dum.
I knew I was going to Moscow and then the US. And what do you know??? On my flight to Singapore from KUL, I suddenly thought about my US visa. Is it in my current passport or in my old passport? Just 15 minutes before touching down at Changi, I rummaged through my handbag to get my passport. Lo and behold - my current passport do NOT have my US visa. Almost had a heart attack. The moment I got down from the plane, H was waiting at the gate....and immediately could tell something was wrong. Told him what happened and he was pretty calm. I thought he would surely kill me!

First thing to do was to see if we could change our flight to the following day. But flights were full......especially for redemption tickets. Then H said we should get my friend to go to our house to get my passport from our safe. This friend ... Can trust la. Called her up and she agreed to drive to my house. A day later, she would have been away in the mountains with her family. Also, maid was still in the house... So gave instructions on how to open safe over the phone. Aiyo.... Think 5th try only managed to have the safe opened, got my passport, checked US visa in there, close safe then lock it back. Passport then given to H's colleague who was summoned to our house to collect my passport.

Passport then passed to H's secretary on Friday morning to be couriered. It's like a big operation...friend, maid, colleague, secretary and now DHL ... All because of my stupidity!!! And donno why the package has to go to London first....and am told package will only arrive in Moscow on Tuesday. And you know what? My flight is on Tuesday. So what to do? Have to postpone the flight to the US. And since there will not be a flight on Wednesday to Houston, we can only fly out on Thursday. H says my c@ck-up has forced us to stay 2 extra days in this boring city! ;-(

So many things to change not to mention the list $$$$. We will have to rebook our Houston - New Orleans flights, extra 2 nights hotel in Moscow, the prepaid rooms at Houston and one night of New Orleans room. *sigh* really don't know how come I can be so dum-dum. This is not the first time I travel to the US summore!!!

Anyway, the last we checked, the package just left Jakarta this afternoon. Probably going to Singapore then London and then finally to Moscow. Now we are in Cafe Vogue in Moscow, and H is just wondering out loud if he can entice the 3 middle-aged Russian ladies in the other table to give him a cigarette. Told him to go ahead....,

Okay. Gotta go sort out our Houston - New Orleans flights with this free wifi. Tata

5 comments:

Mamapumpkin said...

Oops! This is what makes life interesting!

NomadicMom said...

This is what H said.... But then to be stuck here in Moscow for two extra days is indeed torturous!

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

At least you managed to get the passport, no matter how difficult it was. Can you imagine it being locked up at home and only YOU could access it?? I would imagine Moscow being an interesting city to visit.....so rich in culture & history, no?

NomadicMom said...

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - yeah. Yeah. Otherwise, H will have to fly back while I wait in Singapore.
Moscow is tooooooo hot at this time of the year. Aircons are non-existent. Ice is a scarce commodity. Russians generally do not speak English making communication outside hotel very challenging.

slavemom said...

U're so lucky H is so understanding. Can't avoid some teasings once in awhile but at least he din "kill" u the min he knew wat has happened. :D

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker