Tuesday, July 06, 2010

First Few Days of Summer Break...

How have we been spending the first few days of the boys' Summer Break?

Bright and early on Saturday morning, we were off to the Ice Rink at MTA for a birthday party. Was there till about 1.30 pm. On the way back, there was a MASSIVE traffic jam. I think took us more than an hour to get home. All three of us (H stayed at home to finishe off some work from the office) slept like babies in the car. :-)
H was supposed to cook dinner - Spaghetti Vongole but he got lazy when we were out at the supermarket to buy the ingredients. We ended up having Singapore Char Kway Teow down in town. It was raining cats and dogs when we arrived at the restaurant...wasn't sure if we could make it out of the car. Ngeh-ngeh-lai ...we did. The alternative was to be sausages at Paulaner Brahaus again.

Made the boys do some work on Sunday morning...before heading out to Table 8 at Hotel Mulia for Chinese buffet brunch. Have to say the spread was pretty good with Roast Pork, Char Siew, Roast Spare Ribs, Suckling Pig, Black Pepper Beef Ribs, Porridge, Dim Sum (steamed, fried etc), Noodle Bar, Selection of cold starters (century eggs, duck tongue, edamame, baby octopus, jellyfish, etc etc), grilled items (fish, squid, clams, meat), yong tau foo, fried rice on order, seafood on order, and big spread of desserts. Needless to say, the four of us were stuffed! Nope. I didn't have dinner that night. Neither did H....but boys had pasta for dinner.

Monday... Oh I was lucky. My friend offered to take both my boys to the Dufan (Dunia Fantasi) - a theme park.... leaving me to go for my Monday Art Class, followed by a wonderful 90 minute massage at the spa. The alone time was pretty good...H was also out on a dinner meeting... leaving me sufficient time to clear a whole load of paper on my study desk. I only picked the boys up form my friend's house at 7ish pm.

And today started off easy. I took boys to T's house ...boys hung out while I had a cappucino with T's mom and another friend. Then I had to rush off to take S1 to the mall. My boy has certainly grown...his FIRST mall visit with his friends without mommy nor any accompanying adults. Then I had to rush to the money changer, and then to the bank...and then to pick S2 from Laser Tag. S2 had gone Laser-Tagging with T, his siblings and some friends. And what do you know? My S2 'lau-sai', and I had to rush home for him to clean himself up... ADUH!!! and then rush to the mall to pick S1.... and away we go to their mandarin class which is 40 minutes away.... Got home, cooked dinner - noodle soup (maid prepared but I wanna cook it...otherwise the noodles sure 'lam-pek-pek')...and here I am.
Errr....actually I should go and shower. I was at the gym when boys were at their Mandarin class... Sweat plus cooking smells... YUCKS!

Will continue later when I am smelling like roses....

3 comments:

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Sure sounds better than my days!!!

wenn said...

i miss my workout at the gym.

NomadicMom said...

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - I'm sure some days you have it better...

Wenn - I don't miss the workouts...it's just that I HAVE to!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker