Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Water Supply for my Home

Did I ever mention to you that the water supply system in the current city I call home is appalling? Most homes do not have piped water from the public water supply mains, and those who do would have to contend with foul water. My house? Nope. No water supplied from the mains. In fact, I have a deep groundwater well in my backyard. Water is pumped out from the ground by a positive-displacement pump and through a water filter. I guessed my landlord gets huge discounts for wholesale water filters as he has over 200 houses in his portfolio. Talk about well-to-do!
Anyway, though we do brush our teeth with the filtered groundwater, we don't cook nor drink from this source. To be safe, we use spring water from the mountains. I supposed if we had a better filtration system that can disinfect the water, we might think otherwise.

No comments:

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker