Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lazy Days in Bali....

Yes. Lazy Lazy Lazy indeed!

We went for 4 nights. Read my earlier post here. Stayed at the Melia Bali at Nusa Dua. Hotel and rooms were decent enough. Kids had their DVD and PS2 players in the room. Service was pretty good. But the real bummer was the shower! Aiyo... I think this hotel needs a major refurbishment of their plumbing system. Seriously... the shower's trickle was a smaller flow than my pee. And quite a few times, no water actually flowed from the shower head. And the water temperature was like up-and-down and no where near the temperature that I like. So will I stay here again?
I don't think so.... Errr.. actually, I try NOT to stay at the same hotel anywhere. To me, staying at a different hotel is like part of a new vacation. Isn't it?

Other than the Quicksilver Cruise out to Nusa Penida, we did nothing touristy. I slept and slept and slept. I slept out on the balcony. I slept by the beach. I slept on the bed. H was like "why are you sleeping and sleeping and sleeping?". But isn't that what a holiday is all about??

We did try to go cycling as a family... But that didn't work out too well. S2 was like goyang-goyang. I was like goyang-goyang. Because we wanted to cycle out to the Nusa Dua kampungs on the road, H was not too happy about it. So Activity abandoned. We tried again a couple of days later, and same thing. S2 and I were still goyang-goyang on our bicycles. Hahhahaha... So we decided that just he and S1 should go ahead on the bicycles, S2 and I will follow suit on foot. Needless to say, we were the tortoise and the hare (except for the ending bit lah).

I think S2 was the most active of all. He could actually sit out on the beach by himself...enjoying the waves. He was moving from beach to pool and back. Participated in the beach soccer games, played tennis with his father etc. S1 was either reading his book or in the room watching TV. H played tennis twice and joined S2 for beach soccer (errr damn funny). Me.... err... laziest of all. SLEEP only lah. Not to mention EAT and DRINK as well....

All in all, it was a good break for us .....before chaos. School starts tomorrow!!!


2 comments:

mun said...

Sounds like a dream vacation! Of course with all the sleeping that you did. ;)

NomadicMom said...

Mun - Mmm... my dream vacation would also have leang chais layan-ing me one. Hahhahah

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker