Sunday, August 14, 2011

They don't cook.

....nor wash the dishes. Nor throw the garbage.

Who am I talking about?

Well, I am referring to the 'IBUs' here. Take my apartment as an example. I have two kitchens, thus two cookers and two sets of stainless steel sinks. Unfortunately, the cookers are the small ones that you can't exactly fit a wok over. And gosh... the flames are too small to make a good Malaysian Char Kway Teow! Know what I am talking about? And the sinks? Mmmm... they are the single bowl/single drainer type. I like the double ones.
And the garbage? Well, when I first moved in, I asked my landlady where do I throw the garbage. She was like "errr... I don't know. The maid does it".... and she had lived here for 6 years before she decided to move to a house.

Basically, the 'IBUs' here do not lift a finger. My girlfriend said that she had seen IBUs walking straight into the car with the maid walking behind her holding her handbag. Really? What is wrong with the 'IBUs' hands, I don't know!!!

It is so common here. 'IBUs' walking hands-free and the poor maid with TEN things in both hands trying to keep up with the IBU. No wonder... the doormen at my apartment looked at me funny the first few weeks of moving in.... cause my hands were always as full as my maids, if not fuller! I think they have never seen an 'IBU' (errr... I am also sort of considered one) carrying a table and what-nots!

2 comments:

mott said...

lol.. Malaysian Ibus shud use this to 'remind' their helpers of this.

Anyway.. 40- gotta go back la.. only once wor. I'm also already planning a 40 year old bash with girlfriends only.. Hate the number, but loving the celebration!!!! :)

NomadicMom said...

Yeah. Think I will go back.

Think I should send my maid to a REAL IBU to work, then she will really die!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker